head unit for only one set of RCA cables

never mind it has one input and 2 output (rear and front) so basically this is for installing speakers without the use of an amp

Baylor University

Accounting

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-W6UNU2O93eN/c...o&i=142AMYC#Tab

It says this is used for splitting one channel into two.

So when would you use this?

If your Head Unit has only one set of RCA output you couldnt take two of these and put them in there so now you can hook up 2 RCAs?

Baylor University

Accounting

no, it takes your speaker wires n turns em into rca's with gain levels on each rca, u take ur front speaker wires n your rear ones off your headunit n wire em to it then hook your rcas up to it for extra amps, it turns your front n rear speaker wires into 2 extra sets of preamp outputs, use the one out of it for subs, n those other 2 for front n rear amps, but it works anyway u do it it just dont convert it into a lowpass output tho, but u can get a 3way cross over n it will allow 1 set of rcas to be converted into 3 diff outputs, the one that comes out of ur headunit would be a fullrange rear output n u wire it to the cross over n u can set it to eather power a front channel amp n a sub amp or front, rear, n sub amp, mines got a cross over for front speakers, rear, n sub, but if u dont want a cross over get that converter box, it basicly turns your highinput wires into low level rcas to work with your amp, it comes with a book to show u witch wire goes were, hope that helps, most of the time u cant go by whats on the site cause they just type it out to make it sound like a big tech breakthrew but its really simple once uve done it, good luck

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yea i read it and didnt fully understand it and i replied with 3 replies (my bad) and hten when i re read it agian and again i got what you were saying and i tried to just delete my posts but i couldnt so i have to keep them there, i did edit 2 of them though

Baylor University

Accounting

so it does create more RCA outputs, you just have to change the wiring of your speakers. So you would have to take the speakers wires out of the wiring harness and put them into that. That is pretty cool i think i am going to get it just to check it out. Should i buy that exact piece the Scosche.

Baylor University

Accounting

ya, n some rcas, u need a little flathead screwdriver of a little philips for screwing down the speakerwires, just make sure u read the book first befor u hook it up cause it aint labled witch one is pos n witch one is neg, i took a magic marker n wrote it on mine to make sure, but u can do wut ever with urs, its a good box n all u gotta do is run the speakerwires from ur wireing harness off your headunit into that n then run the rcas from it to your amps n ur done,but ued get alot more flexablility in your system with a 3way crossover tho, it can take one set of rcas n split it into 3 sets, front, rear, n sub with varable electronic crossovers to fine tune it, the cross over would be ur best bet but the box will work to, good luck with ur system n hope i helped you, bump on :D

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

sweet, well what kind of crossover would you reccomend any kind, i ahve seen some can be really expensive...

Baylor University

Accounting

the one i use is coustic, but try kicker, mtx, clarion, some good name brands, i messed up buyin an offbrand one for like $15 n it messed up so i baught the coustic one, it has spererate levels for the front n rear left n right speakers, i can turn each up or down or reverce the phase of the right ones, i payed i think round 75-80$ for it, but i wouldn't spend no less than $30 or so n thats if u buy it off one of ur friends or somethin, good luck wit the project :D