Need Help Designing Some Sail Pannel Pods

i need some help with my sail pannels kicker sent me a set of plastic pieces but none angle em correctly so i was thinkin could i take the piece the tweet goes in and angle it and glue it there, cover it with fleace or somethin strechy and resen it, then put some mat on it, then resen n let set, n then resen some more n mat, n once its nice n sturdy bondo it and sand untill smooth then paint black and done? i dont like how they are now here is a pic (and would a black tecture paint match factory good?) DSCN0846.jpg

DSCN0831.jpg

will that work? i dont want to fuk it up i want it to look good but well u kno, im good with stuff but ied like some help with how to do it the right way first then like some ppl do reach over the sholder to scratch there ass lol, does anyone have pics on how to do said project and should i scuff the pannel befor i resen? or glue? i got tools n what knot to do work with just need help on how to do this perfect or atleast look good and angel em right or on another note u think i could put a little hinge on the back side of it to angle it so i can get it right and leave it there for added stability? im kinda smart when it comes to stuff but if someone shows me how to do somethin i can pritty much coppy it close to orignal, need help asap so i can try this tommrow, thankx for readin the post and plz help im still a learnin noobish hoppyiest lol like they say no one can know everything

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

x2 how much room is behind that piece textured paint works pretty good i wouldnt wrap that piece it would flex too much once the glass started to kick and you would end up with a potato chip lol be careful in this situation i would try and get the tweeter to set back far enough in the panel i could then c.a. glue it from the back side and then cover the tweeter or remove it from the casing so you dont ruin it sand the piece use resin and bondo mix and apply all the way around as to flush them in smoothley and cleanly

must be nice huh

ummm, behind the sail pannel is about 1/4'' or less space cause theres a plastic clip that holds it in like a lil L bracket and i was thinkin sence i can take the tweet out of that houseing im not really lookin into cuttin the sail pannel cause i dunno if i can get some again to replace it if i screw up, but um, i was thinkin bout just scuffin it up a lil so ca will stick and angle the tweet pod thing its in and try to make it stay with prolly tooth pics or pop cicle sticks and then mold it that away? i was wantin to fiberglass it so it would flow better but u think the duramix or duraglass would mold it better and be easyer to sand? im lookin at the cheapest way out but still do a good job at it, and does anyone kno were i can pick up a set of sail pannels if i do happen to mess these ones up i can start over? and x2 on fiberglassin cause i dont kno how to ca glue the fabric to the pannel so when i glass it wont come loose, ima prolly finish my pods on my geo doors i got kinda a hang of it now tho but dont rly have it down to a science yet but if i could find some how to pics or somethin step by step i could prolly coppy it exactly i asked my buddy from nu image about him fiberglassin em but he said tehy dont fiberglass much anymore hardly any, but i'll try it soon tho and hope it comes out ok

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

how do you do this, like take some masking tape and layer it then spray with a mold releace then resen n then mat, then resen n mat? then take it off n mold to that? i wanna angle it around 15degrees tho i was thinkin of puttin a henge behind it so i can move it were i need to and glue it there so when i mold it will be that way all the time? im kinda new to fiberglass tho but if someone could help with pics or somethin on how to do this exactly would help a whole lot tho, and thanks for the input

Not sure how flat that piece mounts. But probably could lay down some tape on a flat piece of wood or something. Put several layers of glass and cut to shape. Make a mount for the tweet..angle it and wrap whole piece and resin/fiberglass from there.

Should look something like this when done.

tweeters.jpg

lol, if u did those could u make me some? and if so how much?

What if you were to just tape over the tweet and sail, stretch some grill cloth over it, glass it, trim out the tweet opening, sand it, spray it with vinyl dye, reinstall, enjoy!!! or you could even hit it with some stuff expanding foam, shape it, add a little resin, sand, a little body filler, sand, spray with vinyl dye, reinstall, enjoy!!!

Edited by jhmeg2

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic