Second Skin Audio

High Spl Box Design For 2 12" American Bass Vfl 12 Extremes Powered By 2 American Bass Vfl-100.1's

basshead69

Hello everybody. I am looking to build a high spl enclosure for my 2 American Bass VFL Extreme 12 Subwoofers. They are rated at 1500 watts rms and are dual 2 ohm subs. My current power is 2 American Bass VFL-100.1 Amplifiers running at 1 ohm to each sub producing 1500+ watts rms to each sub. It will be going in a 2007 Kia Sportage. I am currently at 150 in the floor and almost 148 on the dash. If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated. Also sketches would be nice.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

What frequency are you currently peaking at?

I would say ~2 cubes per sub as you're running them at about RMS power with 1 or 2 6" aeroports. Preferably 2 but if your peak is low they'll have to be extremely long to get the tuning down. External ports are good.

Do subs up, ports back. Personally I would make a split box, maybe even 2 seperate boxes, make them 24 x 12 x 12 inside, put the port in the middle of one small face and the sub as far away as you can.

A similar box in a quite similar vehicle got my friend to 143dB with just 600w on a single DD2512.

If you're interested I could possibly do a sketch for you.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

What frequency are you currently peaking at?

I would say ~2 cubes per sub as you're running them at about RMS power with 1 or 2 6" aeroports. Preferably 2 but if your peak is low they'll have to be extremely long to get the tuning down. External ports are good.

Do subs up, ports back. Personally I would make a split box, maybe even 2 seperate boxes, make them 24 x 12 x 12 inside, put the port in the middle of one small face and the sub as far away as you can.

A similar box in a quite similar vehicle got my friend to 143dB with just 600w on a single DD2512.

If you're interested I could possibly do a sketch for you.

A sketch would be nice man.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

Archived