Sonic Electronix

Total Inches Before You Really Start Bumpin?

How many combined subwoofer inches does one need before, in your opinion, things really start bumpin? I'm thinking of starting out small, maybe some 8, 10, or 12 inch subwoofers. Would an 8 inch really bump? How much do you need before the car really starts shakin?

a 8 wit some power to it and a good box could make a car shake...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

If you truely have to ask that and i mean no offense you need to do some reading and video watching. Anythign can bump! From a $10 sub to a $1000 sub, from a set of great mids to an 8" to a 22". Its all in what you want to hear.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

How many combined subwoofer inches does one need before, in your opinion, things really start bumpin? I'm thinking of starting out small, maybe some 8, 10, or 12 inch subwoofers. Would an 8 inch really bump? How much do you need before the car really starts shakin?

Any of these subs can hit hard in a properly built enclosure. I have seen 2 DD 8's rattle a car pretty fiercely before. I have 2 12" subs in a fairly small enclosure doing over 150 in the floor and close to 148 on the dash. Look at my avatar and you will see exactly how small my enclosure really is.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

I was rather impressed with my MTX 6000s when I first got em, they're 10s, have em on a 1000W 2-channel (250w rms x 2) amp and they slammed, was the first time I actually got noticable trunk flex (I got raise! tungsten damping, oh I love you), I used to have 2 Pyramid super-pro 15s, imo, worst subwoofers EVAR! i've had TWEETERS that had bigger magnets then them p.o.s's, the spider on em was smaller than the ones on my current door speakers :o

I had a friend that could slap with a TangBand 6x9, he had 1 in a prefab Goldwood 6x9 box (wedge box off partsexpress), oh boy, that thing could get loud in his little neon.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Thanks for the advice folks. Now for another quesiton lol:

I know that a lot of you probably hate on the stores like Best Buy or Circuit City when it comes to installing equipment. But honestly, being 16 years old and all, I don't really think I have the experience to do it myself. If I buy a sub/box/amp combo (which I might), and take it to one of these stores, can they install it properly? Or do I have to buy the equipment directly from them?