Sonic Electronix

Need Help W/ Last Piece To The Puzzle

Hello everyone. I just need a little more help with the setup, since i am ALMOST there.

I have 2x 10" T5s, and a TRX2000d which means

1500w @ 2ohm from subs, 1500w x1 channel @ 2ohm

I need a battery though and dont want to waste my money with a cap. I picked out the Kinetik HC1800 which i can get for $245 even.

My question is: With 1500w o my amp/subs can i run a HC1800 and run it everyday all day with it turned up without having ANY of my lights dim? I dont really wanna waste time with trial and error so i wanna get this aspect done before i go to the warehouse and pick them up.

Thank you for reading and Thank You for helping me out.

My question is: With 1500w o my amp/subs can i run a HC1800 and run it everyday all day with it turned up without having ANY of my lights dim?

Wouldn't be the batteries fault. The battery can only give what it gets.

Running a huge 2400 with the 13.6v from your stock electrical voltage don't be suprised if you get dimming. Your battery will never be full no matter what , HO alt or not. 1500 watts rms would need 2 1800's for solid power however their are limits to it.

Plus your running a stock alt I take it?

Example:

if your alt was "say" 150 amps , take 80 amps for your car now left with 70 amps for audio. 1500 watts about 150 amps and do you run an amp for mids and highs? Pulling 150 amps for audio and 80 amps for car your going to need at least a 230 amp alt just to maintain.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Running a huge 2400 with the 13.6v from your stock electrical voltage don't be suprised if you get dimming. Your battery will never be full no matter what , HO alt or not. 1500 watts rms would need 2 1800's for solid power however their are limits to it.

Example:

if your alt was "say" 150 amps , take 80 amps for your car now left with 70 amps for audio. 1500 watts about 150 amps and do you run an amp for mids and highs? Pulling 150 amps for audio and 80 amps for car your going to need at least a 230 amp alt just to maintain.

MLA

I think i understand ya. Sadly they do not make a aftermarket alternator for the xA and I could have it rebuilt and TRY to get more amps out of it but I am not so sure, So yes it i running a stock alternator. (2x) HC1800s you say? Will this help?

How can I keep from dimming without getting another alt?

look around on ebay brotha ...... you can get a HC2000 instead of a HC1800 for $250. get two of either, do the BIG 3 and get the MLA module ........ you might be okay

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Example:

MLA

My exploder with its 1200 watt rms Doesnt dim a damn bit... and i have a 130 in mine..... but mine is at full tilt and nothing dims at all....

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

HC1800 specs

Weight: 54 lbs.

Ah: 81

Amps: 1900

Dimensions: 10" x 6.5" x 8.2"

ok another question since the battery gives 1900 amps does that mean that will give the system enough amps to power it properly?

With 2 HC1800s i'll have a total of 3800 amps?

AND i found out my stock alternator is 90 amps.

I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE NOOB QUESTIONS.

Edited by Skitzo_xa

Gah. A battery can only do like 13.8v. Your alternator does 14.4v

So if you have 2000000 batteries in a trailer behind you, and a 80A alt (just a crazy example...) when the bass hits, your voltage will drop from 14.4v to 13.8v and the lights will STILL dim, because you are exceeding the capacity of the alternator so the voltage is dropping.

Without a HO Alt you could have a billion billion batteries and your lights would still dim.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!