Second Skin Audio

Danny's New Box

Hey Basshead69, I tried to research these subs a little bit last night, but couldn't find much. Even the ones I did find were listed as 4 ohm dual voice coils... which wouldn't work for me, but you say yours are 2 ohm dvc's ? Do they make these same subs in a 2 ohm dvc 15" ?

Any place you could suggest to find more info on these subs, plus possibly buy ?

Oh, and one more thing; Obviously your into the SPL aspect (which is cool... so am I to a certain degree) but how would you rate these subs in the SQ department ?

Thanks,

Fish

I believe they do. You would have to call Bob at American Bass. www.americanbassusa.com. He is usually the one that answers the phone too. In a proper sq box, I think they will sound really good.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

on my box what i did for the amps is i got some rubber bushings off of some old shocks and mounted them between the amp and the box as a "suspension" so to speak works great..

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

drop the back seats and try to move it closer to the front of the car. i've seen some tilt the box up in the back so the woofers kinda face upwards at an angle.

My seats were dropped when I did this. I will try to move the box closer to the front of the car. I will have to swap my power and ground wire to do this.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

Hey fellas. I have went from a 146.0 to a 147.1 all within a day at our Competition Only event in Wilmington NC today and this is sealed, on the dash. This is also with a 3 ohm impedance rise in which my 1500 watt rms amps are only doing about 734 a piece. I hope I remember what all I did so I can hopefully improve on the 13th show. Derrick824 can build some serious enclosures guys. I think we can get even more out of this setup with some more testing and tuning.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Gained a tenth at a local competition new number is 147.2 sealed on the dash. I have to have people hold my back door and glass and someone sit on the front of my suv to keep the flex down. I think I can get more out of this box. I haven't tried strapping the amplifiers yet. Definitely want to try strapping and see what I can get.

TeamSundown-3.jpg