Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

I own a 98' Ford Mustang, hooking up the CD player i had problems.

When i bought the car the guy who previously owned it had literally "ripped" out

the factory stereo, therefore removing all the wires from the factory clip.

I found out what wires go where (all my power/and what i thought were speaker wires).

While hooking up the CD player i didn't get any sound at all through any of the speakers,

and had to re-run all the factory door and rear speakers, worked and sounded alright.

Then i went ahead and ran all my amp wires, RCA, Rem, Gnd, and my constant. It sounded

great and thumped just as i wanted it to that whole day. The next day i went out, started

it up, left and when i turned it up there's a fuzz from all the factory speakers. I noticed

when i turn down all the bass, it helps a little till i go over 12. When i turn the balance

to just the front speakers, it doesn't fuzz, but then i get no bass and shitty sound.

Just wondering what u guys think, worked & sounded great till the next day, hoping

someone in here could tell me whats up w/ it. any help or suggestions would be great.

Also currently i have 2 pioneer 10's that im looking to upgrade and also want

to upgrade the amp. Any suggestions for an Amp/Speaker combo? Not looking to spend

over $500 but also want a good crossover.

Again any suggestions/help would be great, Thanks.

How doo there! just a quick question, is it normal for a sub to get hot! I'm running a 1000 watt rms sub on a 1000 watt rms amp at 2 ohms, it doesn't sound like it's distorting but wondering if i'm putting to much juice to it

I own a 98' Ford Mustang, hooking up the CD player i had problems.

When i bought the car the guy who previously owned it had literally "ripped" out

the factory stereo, therefore removing all the wires from the factory clip.

I found out what wires go where (all my power/and what i thought were speaker wires).

While hooking up the CD player i didn't get any sound at all through any of the speakers,

and had to re-run all the factory door and rear speakers, worked and sounded alright.

Then i went ahead and ran all my amp wires, RCA, Rem, Gnd, and my constant. It sounded

great and thumped just as i wanted it to that whole day. The next day i went out, started

it up, left and when i turned it up there's a fuzz from all the factory speakers. I noticed

when i turn down all the bass, it helps a little till i go over 12. When i turn the balance

to just the front speakers, it doesn't fuzz, but then i get no bass and shitty sound.

Just wondering what u guys think, worked & sounded great till the next day, hoping

someone in here could tell me whats up w/ it. any help or suggestions would be great.

Also currently i have 2 pioneer 10's that im looking to upgrade and also want

to upgrade the amp. Any suggestions for an Amp/Speaker combo? Not looking to spend

over $500 but also want a good crossover.

Again any suggestions/help would be great, Thanks.

have tried the speaker cable the other way around

(in my room)

i have a 8 inch subwoofer in a little space in my head board and right now (dont have the money) i use duct tape to stop rattle well its going ok got rid of 60% of rattle. but time to get to the question DynaMat or SecondSkin?

soon ill put more videos up on youtube of the new spot i put it in.

youtube:Subwooferkid37

(all videos right now sub not broke in)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Drive a 06 Cadillac Escalade and my Factory Ac Delco battery went cu-poop. I'm looking at a optima battery to replace it but not sure what one to get. I'm going to be installing a nice audio system in the future. Do I go with Yellow, Red or Blue? please Help. thanks

Meade (GOD OF BUMB) I love this site. its so helpful and you can learn so much stuff. you got it going on man.

2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

hey i need help i have a 93 honda accord sedan... i wat to be able to run a 10000 watt system what can i do... ordering a 160amp alternator tomorrow... help please

WHO NEEDS A TRUNK WHEN YOU GOT A BACK SEAT...

its no fun destroyin competition...