Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

• 1 month later...

as you all can see my site and this forum have REALLY REALLY grown in the last 2 months.  I notice alot of people want to ask me stuff directly.  I just want to let you guys know its very hard to keep up and dont take it personal if i miss something you asked me.  Its not that your being ignored, sometimes with so many threads/responses i just cant catch them all before they get buried.........even if the topic starts with my name in it!

Anyway i try my best to keep up but im sorta busy...i may even read the post and be to lazy to respond right away and then eventually forget about it even though i meant to respond.  Sometimez a brotha just wants to go thru the posts but dont feel like typing so please dont take it personal....if its something REAL important then keep buggin me ill get to ya eventually!

Kenwood Excelon vz907 lcd head unit (navi add on coming soon)

Rockford Fosgate PA2

Rockford Fosgate Power 6x5 componets (front)

Rockford Fosgate Power 6x9 componets (back)

Rockford Fosgate Power 800a4

Rockford Fosgate Power BD1500 (soon 2 b 2 strapped)

Four Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 12s

Two sealed boxes

Two 1.5 farad caps

Two kinetik 600 batts

One optima yellow top d31t big boy batt

0/1 everything....

0/1 batt 2 alt, 0/1 batt 2 motor +, 0/1 batt 2 motor block, 0/1 2 frame, 0/1 2 batts in trunk

Hard wired Power inverter

Rockford Fosgate twist signal cables x3

DTV converter box for TV

All This in a 4 door 2001 Hyundai Elantra

first post looking for some advice... im running 4 rockford fosgate punch hx2 12s off of a fosgate power bd1500 @ 2 ohms... ive got them in 2 dual sealed 12 boxes crammed in the trunk of a 4 door 01 hyundia elantra.,. the first time i hooked it up untuned with with 7 faret caps and 2 kinetik 600 batterys...i hit 146-147dbs with both back seats down and the meter on the dash... since then ive regrounded everything in 0/1 wire 0/1 the alt, main power to motor, and all ground connections. i also am now running the d31t big boy yellow top and also the 2 kinetik 600 still..... im very unsure if i should go with a ported custom box or just stay with the sealed?.... im really looking to gain more splsssss.. i have not metered the new set up to see how loud it is but it seems a pinch louder with the recent upgrades.... sealed or ported????? if it makes any diff. im going to strap another bd1500 soon and upgrade the alt to 220amp

Kenwood Excelon vz907 lcd head unit (navi add on coming soon)

Rockford Fosgate PA2

Rockford Fosgate Power 6x5 componets (front)

Rockford Fosgate Power 6x9 componets (back)

Rockford Fosgate Power 800a4

Rockford Fosgate Power BD1500 (soon 2 b 2 strapped)

Four Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 12s

Two sealed boxes

Two 1.5 farad caps

Two kinetik 600 batts

One optima yellow top d31t big boy batt

0/1 everything....

0/1 batt 2 alt, 0/1 batt 2 motor +, 0/1 batt 2 motor block, 0/1 2 frame, 0/1 2 batts in trunk

Hard wired Power inverter

Rockford Fosgate twist signal cables x3

DTV converter box for TV

All This in a 4 door 2001 Hyundai Elantra

:search: Ok I have 2 15" Fi BTL dual 1-ohm 15z and they are rated at 2000 watts rms each. I need help on deciding which setup is best, 1 RF T40001bd for both subs, 2 T25001bd (1 for each sub), or 2 T20001bd (also 1 for each sub). And for each setup, how to wire the subs up at 1-ohm being on each amp there are 2 speaker terminals. I have found diagrams that show how to wire the 2 subs together to achieve the 1-ohm setup but have yet to find a diagram that shows exactly how to wire each setup to the amp. If you can help me out Steve I would greatly appreciate it cause I have a 99 tahoe and I am trying to be slappin down the block like you. (Well somethin like you cause ya boy cant afford to put 4 18'z and 20k watts in my truck lol but you got mad respect from me mayn :hi: )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi i just wondering on what subwoofer to get should i get 2 12" alpine type r's or 2 15" rockford p1's.im asking you because your a car audio pro :P

do you like your tolit paper tucked infront or behind the dispenser

what did you have for breakfast

have you ever bottle feed a full grown pigmie goat

do you shave your legs

ROFLMFAO BIG TIME!!!!! :lol: I think that was a http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif comment, or a stalker comment, not sure which!

I'm a basshead and I'm a noob, what else is there to know?

yeah really what? do the woofers have buckets of paint ready and once the tv is in its magnetic field it chucks them at the tv? i have no idea what you just said... :^

hey! like my signature says, i'm a noob so i need some help. what exactly does it mean when your amp is bridgeable? i can't seem to figure it out, and nobody that i know is big into car audio. any advice would be greatly appreciated and i love your work man! awesome!

P.S.: where do you work to make the money necessary to afford all your stuff man? or do you have sponsors?

Edited by bass_head

I'm a basshead and I'm a noob, what else is there to know?

yeah really what? do the woofers have buckets of paint ready and once the tv is in its magnetic field it chucks them at the tv? i have no idea what you just said... :^