Sound Cuts Out When Doors Lock

Buy a chevy? :unknw:

fail :rolleyes:

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

sorry for taking a long time to reply, figured out anything since then?

So you just unhooked the rear speakers and it doesn't cut out? Id have to say that is a pretty sure sign that the voltage is dipping when you hit the locks, and not having the rear speakers saves enough power for it not to dip too low. Did you try checking the +12 when you hit the locks at the HU? If a dipping voltage really is the problem, you could probably run a 10 or 8 gauge wire to the battery so you have a good power source. Just be sure to fuse it obviously. The stock power harnesses just aren't made for high current, lol.

Thanks rusty959

My brother is gone with the truck for today so we will have to try that out tomorrow. Would i run to wire directly into the back of the hu or to the harness or somewhere else? Would it be a constant draw of power? And what size fuze would be best?

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Someone correct me if im wrong as ive never done this to know for sure that it won't cause the car to self destruct, but you would just run the wire from the battery to the main 12 volt imput (red) on the head unit. completely disconnect the 12 volt in from the harness, but leave the accessory plugged up. how do you have the negative hooked up? That could make a difference as well. The fuse would depend a little on the wire, but you don't need much. 15-20 amp should be more than enough.