Big Iii Quesiton.

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

ok on the alt to the battery,

do i Have to fuse it between the two ?

i have a stock alt, shity 75-80 amps..

what should i do and if i need to fuse it what size do i need. ?

well a good rule of thumb is anything thats carrying a load more than 5amp needs to be fused someweres and its just for safty, when i done the big three on my geo i fused the wire comein from alt to battery, my alt is around 75-80 amps n i put a 80 amp fuse in it, for an alt its best to go a lil over the amp rating on alt so if the amp trys to put out more current than rated it might blow the fuse, ied do someweres around a 80amp maxi or a 100amp anl fuse with atleast 4-0guage goin from alt to battery, i just got a small setup in my geo so i just done the big three in 4guage, ima do a big three in my truck with 0guage sometime soon tho just gotta figure out were all the wires go from battery tho, my voltage in my truck at idle is 14.4-14.5 or so with a 0guage ground and seems to work fine, but ied fuse it tho, better safe than sorry

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ugh...i get so tired reading your posts that i usually dont read them all. just one big paragraph. abbreviations are your friend ;)

however, doing the big 3, yes you do. you want to fuse the wire with a fuse as big as the amp rating on your alt. my 200 amp alt has a 200 amp fuse in the wire for example

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
well a good rule of thumb is anything thats carrying a load more than 5amp needs to be fused someweres and its just for safty, when i done the big three on my geo i fused the wire comein from alt to battery, my alt is around 75-80 amps n i put a 80 amp fuse in it, for an alt its best to go a lil over the amp rating on alt so if the amp trys to put out more current than rated it might blow the fuse, ied do someweres around a 80amp maxi or a 100amp anl fuse with atleast 4-0guage goin from alt to battery, i just got a small setup in my geo so i just done the big three in 4guage, ima do a big three in my truck with 0guage sometime soon tho just gotta figure out were all the wires go from battery tho, my voltage in my truck at idle is 14.4-14.5 or so with a 0guage ground and seems to work fine, but ied fuse it tho, better safe than sorry

thanks alot, well ima look around for some better fuses, all i have is 60 i think,

but yeah im dimming and in need of more power,

im using a hc 1800, yet i still feel like i dont have enough juice, headlights dim and inside lights dim hard

this should help thow right... big time?

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
ugh...i get so tired reading your posts that i usually dont read them all. just one big paragraph. abbreviations are your friend ;)

however, doing the big 3, yes you do. you want to fuse the wire with a fuse as big as the amp rating on your alt. my 200 amp alt has a 200 amp fuse in the wire for example

lol, thanks for READING,.. i needed some re assurance

sry i type to much i just like to get out what ima say in one post rather than 3 words per post, but ya should help a tone man, and helps car run more effiecnt gettin more juice to spart plugs, my geo ran better with big three rather than without it, aw gl mane

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

*Typed minutes after hanging up with Dom Iraggi*

Umm not to bust your guys balls or anything but as i understand the fuse rating on the big 3 is to protect the WIRE. Using a fuse based on your alt is pointless considering your alt puts out current doesnt receive it. So therefore assuming youre using 1/0 a 300 amp fuse is optimal.

Edited by 95_100

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
*Typed minutes after hanging up with Dom Iraggi*

Umm not to bust your guys balls or anything but as i understand the fuse rating on the big 3 is to protect the WIRE. Using a fuse based on your alt is pointless considering your alt puts out current doesnt receive it. So therefore assuming youre using 1/0 a 300 amp fuse is optimal.

i dont understand what you mean?

so its pointless to use one period ?