Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type R Swr1242d? Amplifier For It ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BXi120...5QQcmdZViewItem

HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi1208D 1200W D-CLASS AMP "NEW 2008"

These amp look realy nice.Are Hifonics good ? I have seen lots of videos with hifonics so people like realy satisfied ?

I want to ask about buying stuff from ebay.Is it safe ? What if the amp just don't work ? And is there warranty .. 1 maybe 2 years :) ?

bg_flag.gif

Make other suggestions ? I am thinking about buying an amp from ebay/amazon/sonicelectronix/ so u can give me a link for the most suitable amp for 1 sub or maybe two in the future - 1 ohm 1000 watts for two type Rs

Nobody said a word about hifonics ? Are they good and especially this model :? BXi1208D

Edited by The enD
bg_flag.gif

if i were you i would go with the hifonics. the dollar per watt is nice and cheap. and my friend has one and does not get ho.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

if i were you i would go with the hifonics. the dollar per watt is nice and cheap. and my friend has one and does not get ho.

10x for the reply... maybe this will be my final choice :)

Admin or mod please move the topic to ampilifiers ... my mistake :rolleyes:

bg_flag.gif

• 3 weeks later...

1. Hifonics reccomends 4 guage power and ground cable for the BXi 1208D

2. Yup, the BXi 1208D has low pass filter, you should set it around 80hz.

You should be pretty satisfied with it, I also plan on getting the Bxi 1208D soon too, but to power a DC lvl 3.

I red that this Type R can realy handle that 500 watts and I wanna use the full potential of the subwoofer :) Can this be the real power of the Kenwood and the manufacturer is giving us the real power.If it isn't the subwoofer may not play at it maximum ?

Suggest some other amps ?

Bub i have a type-r, get it in a ported box, and put like 500-1000 RMS to it,

i have an JBL amp running mine :) the gains are at 1100rms, but the HU is at -7 bass, slams hard and the alpine takes it really well :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make other suggestions ? I am thinking about buying an amp from ebay/amazon/sonicelectronix/ so u can give me a link for the most suitable amp for 1 sub or maybe two in the future - 1 ohm 1000 watts for two type Rs

Nobody said a word about hifonics ? Are they good and especially this model :? BXi1208D

honestly those type rs can take a lot........i had a 12 for my first system and threw 900rms to it and it never distorted

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg