I am selling a used Audiopipe mini 1500. This amp was ran for 5 months @1ohm with no issues, It's a great amp for the money IMO. I am asking 100 shipped OBO.
I love the new board layout , and the new heat sink looks good too. Not really important, but will there be any changes to the boxes the amps come in ?
With my old setup I would drop to the 12s at full tilt, so I would just use the dd1 to set my gains with the car off, so all of my electronics were seeing my resting voltage of 12.8.
the leads are like that my ssd too. I guess they just decided to change it up. If you notice they now use smaller spiders mounted lower on the basket so no lead slap, and there are spacers between the basket and motor to account for that. I know i run my ssd very hard and have had no problems with the leads, so i wouldnt worry about it.
I assumed 12s for some reason, even with lvl 5 coils it's still gonna be a bit much on power for those subs with that amp @ .5
Yeah id say that is too much power, I'd go with a saz 1500.
I would wire the amps to a higher impedance or just keep the gain fairly low until you get more batteries and a H/o alt or 2. Even if you tuned your system right now with a dd1 to be clip free, you would still have bad voltage drop causing the amps the clip sooner than they should.
agreed, Audiofanaticz (a moderator on here) ran a SAZ 4500 per mayhem and they handled it, so you will have no issues running a mayhem on it's rated power.
Here's my new SSD 12 bridged on the rear channels of my sax 50.4, so around 160w and its getting down pretty good. It's in a 2.25 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz built by Dave the box guy.
I would go with the sax 1200,much higher quality amp, smaller, and built to put out most of it's power when wired to 1ohm like most daily drivers. I believe Jacob has clamped around 1200@2ohm from the sax 1200.