Batteries Smoking..

I was playing my stereo tonight and I noticed an AWFUL smell. It smelled like rotten eggs. When I opened up the back, my batteries were fucking smoking and causing the smell.. I disconnected all the wires and set them outside of the car. They are hot as hell and I hope they aren't ruined. It looks like their is some sort of residue on the battery. They are dry cell Odyssey 2150 batteries. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Please inform johnecon2001 over @ realm to get the facts straight before he speaks cause FTW it was not module error. He can also check out the cover page and tech section in mini truckin's "April" issue that should hit shelves 2-3-09.

Steve's is still going strong with 4 alts @ 15.3v huh for what like 8 months now.

Note: You called me today on a Sunday and got tech support , just shows we are here for our customers 7 days a week. Sorry you ran them for 2 weeks or so @17+volts before you called us!!! Check resting voltage they should still be ok. 12.7-13v is still ok for resting voltage. Any other questions just CALL thats what were here for.

Thanks,

Chris@ MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

you know that smoke is poison right

You would never see that @ the modules 15v standard set point. Our Pro series modules do 15.8v or so on the high side but hell mines been running at 15.8/16.1v for a year now with zero gas issues. Taco Bell will make you smell just the same for sure. LOL

We just sold a Pro "DEVIL" series to a guy that does 16.9 and 17.9v and he has no smoke. All the Pro series lines have warning labels and if used properly can be ran safely also.

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

You would never see that @ the modules 15v standard set point. Our Pro series modules do 15.8v or so on the high side but hell mines been running at 15.8/16.1v for a year now with zero gas issues. Taco Bell will make you smell just the same for sure. LOL

We just sold a Pro "DEVIL" series to a guy that does 16.9 and 17.9v and he has no smoke. All the Pro series lines have warning labels and if used properly can be ran safely also.

lol :clapping:

Following up on the topic.

After speaking to Chris (yes it was on a Sunday night and he did answer), he told me to make since the alternators were some how linked to each other. I took a wire and ran it from positive to positive on the alternator and turned the car on. Went back to test the batteries and boom.. 14.3 volts instead of 17.

The module DOES work, it was MY error not the product itself.

volts.jpg

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

Thanks for the status reply. Everyone is still looking for things to slam about our product so we appreciate the clarification on the matter. If you are seeing 14.3v while running things could be highly charged and your alt has no where to push amperage. Or if your resting voltage is 12.5v or less then your alts will be working hard to catch them up and the batteires may be hurt. Check your batteries in the morning before you ever start you car to get a true resting voltage reading. Any thing else hit us up !!!

Thanks,

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Thanks for these posts it is very respectfull of you!!! Give me a call I thought you said you still had a few questions for us. It was louder with the 17v though huh. LOL

Thanks,

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg