Second Skin Audio

Enclosure For Impala

BlakSS

hey you guys new to the forum and well i just wanted to see what you guys think.. i got an 06 impala and already running a ported box with two diamond audio M6 12s..roughly can do 1000 rms..dont really wanna switch up the power or subs ,but am trying to see what the best choice would be..originally i wanted the port on the back ,bottom and the subs facing the trunk but have heard it would be out of phase..although others have told me if its angled it should be fine, but was also considering porting it on top and having the subs face the back.what do you guys think is my best bet.. my seats fold down so thats an advantage.any input is appreciated..

really depends on how you ride bro?

if you wanna roll with the seats down the port it up or forward would be the loudest by far.

if you roll seats up then you gonna have a coupe of different options all are gonna give you different typs of bass and rattle.

however you roll with seats down then whats the point of having a 4 door. but you should still slump with the seats up because of the ports. OH and the ports better fire through the rear deck where the back speakers are mounted too so you'd have to cut a hole to bring the ports through.

don't know if that was any help but good luck.

really depends on how you ride bro?

if you wanna roll with the seats down the port it up or forward would be the loudest by far.

if you roll seats up then you gonna have a coupe of different options all are gonna give you different typs of bass and rattle.

however you roll with seats down then whats the point of having a 4 door. but you should still slump with the seats up because of the ports. OH and the ports better fire through the rear deck where the back speakers are mounted too so you'd have to cut a hole to bring the ports through.

don't know if that was any help but good luck.

actually was alot of help but usually ride wit the smaller seat down and have the bigger one up.. and then i was thinkin the subs facing the trunk and the port like you said under the rear deck.. but how well would it work if i didnt cut a hole and faced the port up with the seat partially up.. (big part up smaller part down.. ) right now sounds alot better..makes a huge diffrence .wat do you think?

Archived