Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, so I have a guy that lives about 3000 miles away(upper east coast), and he wants a box built, and shipped to his location. I have a UPS acct, and it doesn't look rediculesly(sp) priced as expected, about $90 or so for about a 80lb box. I punched in the expected dimensions shipped, and thats what it gave me as a price. I know if UPS feels the size is to large for there postal truck they measure it with a string, and if its above a certain circumference they reject it, and call in a truck to ship it via transport for a much higher charge.

Does anyone know the circumference that is exceeding the shipping size? I kind of remember 100+ a little over, and the box is about 42-44" wide, 14" tall about 19" deep

anyone familiar with UPS shipping to know if this is even shippable even when I type in the sizes on the shipping page, it accepts it, but- I think its a little to big..... (and the 1800 # isnt helpfull in this case)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted (edited)

if the guy recieving it has some basic wood working skills could he not assemble it if you gave him all the pieces maybe with a set of instructions? it would probably cut down on shipping a little bit and then you could ship it through there postal truck. unless he wants one thats already assembled and everything.

Edited by now534

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2467 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...