Tips On Removing A Broken Bolt

I was taking off the thermostat on my 98 sonoma because it seemed like it was sticking. First bolt came off fine, then the 2nd one decided to brake off about 1/2 way out.

heres a pic of the bolt

9c6d85ab.jpg

i bought this to try to remove it

412FGpCJJFL._SS500_.jpg

it did not do any good at all :( all it did was break

how do i get this thing out?

its a 4.3 btw

thanks for any help....

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I was taking off the thermostat on my 98 sonoma because it seemed like it was sticking. First bolt came off fine, then the 2nd one decided to brake off about 1/2 way out.

Broken bolts in aluminum engine parts fall into the "Shit happens" catagory. That extractor set you showed usually causes more harm than good. You will need to drill the old bolt out to nearly thread size, and re-tap the hole to fix it right. The link below will take you to a great write up on the best way to do it.

Broken tap or bolt removal tutorial

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

i'm, a certified technician, i come across broken bolts every so oftern, snap on makes an easy out tool that drills into the broken part of the bolt, and then has another tool that removes it, it works very easily, if you use this method you wont have to tap it, since you're just removing it from the original bolt hole.. it was like 78 dollars

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

• 1 month later...

newer manifold

P1010293.jpg

old one off, with new gaskets

29a3c844.jpg

new(er) vs. old

a4a9ffa6.jpg

runs allot smoother now :D

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER