3-way? 2-way?

GORILLAslap

i never relly payed attention to the specs of door speakers onley wattz an stuff but i am soon to get my mids-highs upgraded the RIGHT way u kno i want clean clear good speakers an a nice 4/2 channel amp so i was wondering if someone can explain - 2-way 3-way co-axial speakers to me like the diffrence an what it does an benefits from choosing the right kind

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

2-way component = midrange + separate tweeter with crossover

3-way component = midbass + midrange + separate tweeter with crossover

coaxial, the number indicates how many small speakers are involved (In example a 3-way would likely have the midrange and 3/4" tweeter and 1/2" suppertweeter)

2-way comp. = most common front staging, usually a 6.5" and 1" tweeter, efficient design thats easier than 3-way to sound right

3-way comp. = more difficult staging, mostly because of trying to figure the right placement for each speaker to sound "aligned." But some of the best sounding sq cars utilize 3-way and up, so its good when u know what ur doing and have a good ear

Coaxial = more than anything, cheap replacements for stock speakers, they will sound better than stock but usually dont have as big of a range of notes they can play as a quality 6.5" and 1" tweeter, unless you spend some $$. 2-ways are all you need, anything more than that and the speakers and materials used are usualy very cheap and its pointless to have a 5-way... all highs no midbass

heres some examples, both expensive and cehap, but its all install dependent on size and cost and amp used and experience

2-way

Re Xxx, Focal K2P UV,ID CTX

3-way

Focal Utopia, CDT ESGOLD

Coaxial/Convertables

CDT Convert., Type Rs

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived