Multi Battery Fusing?

Im running multiple batts for the first time and have some confusion. Im not 100% sure on fuse placing. Im not worried about the numbers right now just the placing and wiring configuration. Can some one tell me if any thing whats wrong with my diagram. I think I got it right.

diag.jpg

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Fuse before the second battery too... And usually better to ground amps to back battery...

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

for the fuses its 16 inches from the terminals in the front and in the rear. Also put a fuse after the distro to the AMP Sundown. and you should be fine

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

You might want to put another one in front of your back battery.... You have the front battery fused if you have a short on your power wire, but the back battery won't have a fuse between it and the fuse on your front battery. If the short is inbetween the out of the front fuse and the back battery, you will have a problem.

If I'm not mistaken, strictly speaking you are supposed to have a fuse no further than 18" from your battery.

Some may say that is overkill, but that is how I would do it.... or use a relay or perhaps an isolator where it only is hot to your back batteries when your stereo is on... That is my plan (and fuses) when I do multiple batteries.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ok. Im running two bl-15s with all the cooling bullshit and Im upgrading to the saz-3000d. With my other little amp attached, do you guys think I could get away with running one BIG ass battery upfront?

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

do you have a stock alt? and my friend has a saz.3000. it's a energy HOG he also has a XS powermaster D3100 in the rear and at 1/2 tilt his alt is going fast. honestly NO i wouldn't do it.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

Check your voltage at the back close to your amps. Also you could try to get it clamped to see what kind of amperage you are actually pulling vs what your system "should" be pulling with impedances and so forth.

More batts doesn't hurt, but one biggun under the hood if you can get away with it makes stuff simpler IMO

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Check your voltage at the back close to your amps. Also you could try to get it clamped to see what kind of amperage you are actually pulling vs what your system "should" be pulling with impedances and so forth.

More batts doesn't hurt, but one biggun under the hood if you can get away with it makes stuff simpler IMO

I have a 200amp alt that I put in. Iv done the big 3. and got a big enuff bat for my saz-1500d. Subs want more juice though. Maybe Ill due a duel batt setup under the hood directly next to each other so I wont need that many fuses (also for less fire hazard). Ima look around and see what I can find for batteries. My wallet just starts hurting thinking I have to but around $150 just in fuses. :-/

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

No joke on the $. That always puts a kink in my plans too. If it didn't, I and everyone else here would have Steve's Tahoe or the Hoopty goin' on!

kkiiaann33 has experience with running those amps, so I would def. go with more batts if you can swing it. It may cost more now, but it would really bring on the suck if you burned up that Sundown due to low pwr!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

i bought all my fuses off of ebay a 2 pack of audio pipe fuses is only 5bucks and you dont need the best fuse holders. i bought 1 streetwires fuse hold for 30 bucks and i was like WHY when i could get a fuse holder from ebay for 10 buks.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS