Second Skin Audio

Building A Wall, Help?

That's where I would run into my problems is bracing. and i'm gonna have a hell of a day ripping out everything from the car, I have no clue how i'm gonna remove the power seats. but it's all in the fun. I appreciate everyone's help and comments.

What i'm gonna do is this, I have 800 cash on me right now, and about 4 saved up,i'm gonna deposite the 8 in my bank account and order the BL's today. If anyone could direct me to like a good website to get new wires that would be great, and any amp/ new power ideas would greatly appreciated.

Since i'm jumping into it, I mine as well take the plunge.

I don't know your experience with box building, but I have to say this anyways..

Don't be like I used to be and rush through your builds so you can hear bass and impress people then realize it's a shit build.

Take your time, test fit and measure over and over and over. Think about everything before you do it. Make lists if you have to. If you go through each step before the build phase you'll most likely find something you didn't think of initially and alter your procedure. I always make a check list.

If you have any doubts, STOP. Ask someone on here or make a build log and ask questions. Nobody will shame you for not knowing what you're doing, they will help you. But they will if you act like a know-it-all and have a shitty build like I did. I had to learn the hard way, but I learned.

Go slow. Never rush your builds and have fun doing it. These guys are world class car audio geniuses on here and can point you in the right direction. And take criticism positively.

Just tryin to help out, bro.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

This will be my first big build, and I really dont know much about it, that's why i'm asking as many questions as I possibly can, I'm just buying what I need today, and i'm gonna start removing things from the car, i'll actually start cutting everything after I have ths specs down to a T.

also, Should I run the wires, and leave like a couple extra foot on each of them? and then cut them to the right length after i've got everything in place?

Also, Since i'm gonna run the 15" BL's, I'm only gonna do 2 of those. I dont really know how much wattage I need for those Do I need to run 1 amp to each?

Edited by Jared

This will be my first big build, and I really dont know much about it, that's why i'm asking as many questions as I possibly can, I'm just buying what I need today, and i'm gonna start removing things from the car, i'll actually start cutting everything after I have ths specs down to a T.

also, Should I run the wires, and leave like a couple extra foot on each of them? and then cut them to the right length after i've got everything in place?

Also, Since i'm gonna run the 15" BL's, I'm only gonna do 2 of those. I dont really know how much wattage I need for those Do I need to run 1 amp to each?

Well depending on how many runs of power you are doing, plan on how you want under the hood setup, and plan amp placement and everything before cutting wires. If you're getting extra batteries, compensate for that too. I would even suggest building the enclosure and running your wires afterwards. You can even go as far as running a ground wire from front to back also if you don't want to drill any holes in the chassis.

And yes, you should always leave a few feet of slack and cut as necessary.

As sar as amps go, the BLs will take 1000W easily or more. I would suggest run one 2000W amp across Dual 1s parallel/series to 1-ohm or two 1000W amps, one to each Dual 2 ohm parallel to 1-ohm each. Impedance matching is crucial. You can find all kinds of websites with sub wiring diagrams.

Just stick with your amp and buy the Dual 1s. Maybe later you can upgrade to a SAZ-3000 or similar amp to raise the wattage once you learn how to clean up your power.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

In all honesty, if this is your first time building this big, just brace the inside of the enclosure with 2x4"s and paint the resin onto the MDF, skip the fiberglass, and skip the 45 degree corners.

...If only someone would have given me this advice months ago! :D

You'll end up with a very strong enclosure, the insides will be really smooth for airflow, and there is no proof that 45 degree corners really make any difference.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG