Sundown Audio

Hifonics

15VmaxXL

Im looking to get a 1200 watt 1 ohm stable amp....I have many options i know, but i saw a brutus 1200 for 219$ at a place by me...

Ive read on here some people think they are overrated?? Why do u guys think that? And who thinks its a good amp? worth 219 bucks?

sold everything

yeah they are over ratted.if you want at least 1200 rms get the brutus 1606.i think the 1206 does like 900-1000.But all aside great amp i ran both the 1206 and the 1606 and they do their job.especially for the 200 bucks that they are worth,

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

yeah they are over ratted.if you want at least 1200 rms get the brutus 1606.i think the 1206 does like 900-1000.But all aside great amp i ran both the 1206 and the 1606 and they do their job.especially for the 200 bucks that they are worth,

Anyone see any deals to be made out there??

And what does the 1606 run at??

A little off topic but no need for another thread, id like to get a capacitor and ive never owned one before. Is there a certain size cap, to how many watts you need?

sold everything

dont do a cap, get a small kenetic batter for back by your amp, it will do what you need it to perfectly. the 1606 is about 1200 watts at 1 ohm its a decent amp too. as far as deals go, your going to have to look around, i personally dont know where any are

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

dont do a cap, get a small kenetic batter for back by your amp, it will do what you need it to perfectly. the 1606 is about 1200 watts at 1 ohm its a decent amp too. as far as deals go, your going to have to look around, i personally dont know where any are

How do i hook the alternator up to the new battery?

But if i would get a cap is there a size or kind i should get for 1000-2000wats rms??

sold everything

a cap isnt really going to do anyhting no matter the size, they are a waste of money... and to wire the battery in its just a positive from the battery and a negative back to the new one, make sure you put a fuse in the positive tho

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

DONT GET A CAP

theyre useless and basically a scam bro, unless youre running 50+ farads per 1000 watts, its not doing anything a kinetic hc600 or powermaster d680 wouldnt do in alot less space for a much lower price

get a small batt, its def the way to go

and as far as hooking it up, run it in parallel with the current batt (positive to positive with 0g wire, fuse both bats within 12 in, ground the rear to chassis, and the front should have a chassis ground if you did the big 3)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

How do i hook the alternator up to the new battery?

But if i would get a cap is there a size or kind i should get for 1000-2000wats rms??

as said before don't waste your money on caps. get a smaller kinetik battery. measure your underhood battery compartment and get the size that'll fit there. then get something like a nice little HC800 or HC1400 for the back.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

see we all said the same thing... is that telling you anything?? lol

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build