Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, need some tips on tuning the frequency level on my amp to get the most out of my new setup.

Here's where I am right now:

My new battery finally came in and my guy (local shop) increased the levels on the amp to its actual potential now that I have the power to back it. The good news is that this thing bangs like William Hung at a karaoke bar  :^ (atleast compared to any of my previous setups) but the bad news is that the guy also played around with my bass boost frequency and now I'm hitting a different range than I was before.

The higher frequencies really have a lot of force now but I was really enjoying the power of the lows in Ludacris's Blueberry Yum Yum. (as an example)

Looking for any tips you guys can give me on tweeking the frequency. I know which knobs on my amp can adjust the bass boost frequency, low pass frequency, subsonic filter, gain, etc... but I'm sure you have a better idea of a good way to tune it while playing a track to be able to get the best results.

The song that I noticed the frequency change on is Ludacris's Blueberry Yum Yum. Before the battery and adjustments that my guy made my box was hitting the main low frequency perfectly at low volume (low volume since I couldn't turn it up much until I got the battery) but now I can tell that the amp is tuned to a higher frequency cause it sounds no where near as strong on that main hz as before.

I'm guessing that I can simply play that song and slowly adjust the bass boost frequency knob until that freq hits like it did before but any additional tips would be appreciated.

Here's the link to my amp if it helps give you some background on what I'm working with:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/29/1...0SPL/index.html

Cheers and the specs of my setup are shown below.

Cappy

Archived