Kenwood Double-din Touchscreen $330 + Shipping

The fat Excelon trim ring doesn't fit into the Altima radio hole unless ya feel like cutting... Instead, I just used a sheet of ABS plastic to make a custom trim ring. It wasn't in when I took these pics because I had been installing some relays back there. Since your wife car has the same radio hole, I'd be glad to throw in a plastic blank already cut for the size of the hole in the Altima.

you get a switch.. run the parking brake wire off the DVD player to it... then ground the switch... when you pull a dvd up and it says please apply parking brake cuz its illegal to veiw dvds while driving, you flip the switch, then flip it back.. and it thinks that the parking brake engaged and it will play..

I had to do that to a few of them for my buddys lol

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

What needs to be done so I can play a DVD (I don't need to be able to watch it, just the kids on their screens) while I drive?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

BassBaker is correct. Video is enabled by the parking wire receiving a ground path. It's not legal, but I have had mine grounded the whole time. Safety first, though. Anyways, this Kenwood has dual-zone outputs, so you don't have to necessarily watch the same thing on the deck as the screen(s) in back.

Archived