Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

MECA SOUND OFF

2/21/2009 Sound-off Nationals

2/20/2009 11th Annual Loudest In Louisville ky

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/eventtable.aspx

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/eventresults.aspx?eventid=773

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/eventresults.aspx?eventid=774

this is coming up soon, and i want to go, i have my 1-10 fi, im thinking of getting one more,..

i need to know cause fi takes a bit to get me a new sub sent to me,.

or should i use my 1-10" and max it out and be better off,.. or what ?

i just don't know what class ill fall in or how it works,..

any help please..

im using 1 - 10,

1606d

hc 1800

Edited by Fi-Beat-Down

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
no need to bump 12min after you first posted it... dont do it again please or things will jus get deleted

well I didn't know there was so post to be a minimum time gap between "bumps" to qualify as a proper "bump"..

there's a good flow of posting = I drop faster,

well I didn't know there was so post to be a minimum time gap between "bumps" to qualify as a proper "bump"..

there's a good flow of posting = I drop faster,

usually a bump a day shall work good :good:

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Well, if you have a regular trunk install or a hatch install that is below the rear seat line, then you could do street class. MECA uses a pressure class formula based on a combination of cone surface area and amp fusing to determine if you would be in street 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. You have 78.5" of cone surface area with one 10" sub, so, you could run 40 amps of fusing in Street 1, 90 amps in street 2, 190 amps in street 3, 390 amps of fusing in street 4, or no fusing in street 5. Your fuse holder will need to be within 18" of your sub amp.

If you have anymore questions, just let me know.

Team Carlisle Acoustics - Team Sundown Audio

2010 MECA DB3 World Champ 127.2

2010 MECA DB3 KY State Record 127.3

2009 February MECA Member of the Month

2008 MECA DB2 World Champ 131.9db

2008 MECA DB2 KY State Record 129.1

2008 MECA Neighborhood Nuisance

2007 MECA AS2 KY State Record 144.2

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
Well, if you have a regular trunk install or a hatch install that is below the rear seat line, then you could do street class. MECA uses a pressure class formula based on a combination of cone surface area and amp fusing to determine if you would be in street 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. You have 78.5" of cone surface area with one 10" sub, so, you could run 40 amps of fusing in Street 1, 90 amps in street 2, 190 amps in street 3, 390 amps of fusing in street 4, or no fusing in street 5. Your fuse holder will need to be within 18" of your sub amp.

If you have anymore questions, just let me know.

I have a regular truck install, In a 98 eclipse spyder,

and i have 1 - 10"

i be leave im using a 190 amp fuse, or something that close - i forgot, have to look.

i have been able to use a 60 amp fuse for like 20 sec's till it pops,

....... so is it that i want to run the lowest but best fuse i can? to be higher in that class style. ?

im a little confused where as of now i would fall in?,

i assumed i would do good providing they had a class of 1 - 10" woofer, or something..

let me know,.. thanks a lot.

and i have 1 - 10"

i be leave im using a 190 amp fuse, or something that close - i forgot, have to look.

....... so is it that i want to run the lowest but best fuse i can? to be higher in that class style. ?

i assumed i would do good providing they had a class of 1 - 10" woofer, or something..

You would want to be in the lowest class you can get in. In street 2, you are allowed to spread your fuse load over two parrell fuses, so you could run one 40 amp and one 50 amp fuse to get your 90 amp rating. Your amp should do just fine on that.

Team Carlisle Acoustics - Team Sundown Audio

2010 MECA DB3 World Champ 127.2

2010 MECA DB3 KY State Record 127.3

2009 February MECA Member of the Month

2008 MECA DB2 World Champ 131.9db

2008 MECA DB2 KY State Record 129.1

2008 MECA Neighborhood Nuisance

2007 MECA AS2 KY State Record 144.2

and i have 1 - 10"

What style fuse do you have for you amp?

Jeremy forgot to mention that for the pressure class you HAVE to have a fuseholder within 18" of the amp.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

I know you guys understand it cause you deal with it regularly but MECA is confusing as hell to me with the cone area x fuse rating thing. It just seems to make things overly complicated. I don't know how ya'll get any noobs interested in competing. I do need to try metering at the headrest though for the hell of it.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg