sodfamily Posted January 4, 2009 Report Posted January 4, 2009 I have just loaded the WinISD program and been messing around with it here today and want to build a new box for my Kappa Perfect 12's. I wanted to make a ported box and have two ports. When I inputted 2 square ports it shows 4x4x20 inches. Dose this mean I need two ports each this size or two ports that total this size? Also it states that the box should be 7.8 cubic feet. Dose this seem a little large? Alos on a side note everything is in metric hwo do i change this. Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now) Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100 Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star) Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro
sri3850341 Posted January 4, 2009 Report Posted January 4, 2009 whats your goal?? if me with those subs i would go sealed/stuffed with good strong power (2-300 over rms) .there a decent sq sub 07 mote carlo.. deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs) bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab
sodfamily Posted January 4, 2009 Author Report Posted January 4, 2009 I started with a single perfect 12 in a prefab sealed box and then moved it to a ported prefab box and it sound a lot louder. So I was thinking for getting a second sub and doing a larger ported box. I really want to get as much bass out of these subs as I can. I have a Power Acoustik PS2-520 on it right now. (300x1 @4ohms). And if I get a second sub it would be 125x2 @ 4ohms. So I guess I would need to get a little bigger amp that can run 2ohms mono. (800-1000 watts I am guessing) Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now) Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100 Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star) Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.