creyc Posted January 12, 2009 Report Posted January 12, 2009 I've currently got two 15" AA Havocs in my '01 Blazer. It's in a 'Meade inspired box, about 9.5 cubes, heavily braced with a removable port in the back currently tuned to 38 Hz. It pounds devastatingly hard, but I'm looking to pick up the lows better without sacrificing anything, so I'm going to (4) 15's. (I really want a hairtrick ) I've got the subs on a SAZ-3000D, which is about the limit I'm willing to go electrically. I've got the current box behind the back seats, but I plan to remove the seats for the new box, giving me about 18 cubes to play with, without walling. I'm looking to move a lot of air across a broad range of frequencies, NOT a fart box. This will be strictly for music, and showing off Ideas guys? 2001 Chevy Blazer (2) SAZ-3000Ds (2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall Rockford 600-4 Pioneer PRS components Pioneer P800PRS deck
uhoh_45 Posted January 12, 2009 Report Posted January 12, 2009 give max specs you have to work with and we'll help R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
creyc Posted January 12, 2009 Author Report Posted January 12, 2009 Because I plan to go wider than the wheel wells allow, think of it like two boxes on top of each other, the bottom portion fits between the wheel wells the top goes beyond this width. The bottom section is 9" tall, 54" deep, 38" wide. The top section is 9" tall, 54" deep, 48" wide. It looks like this: This gives me about 18.9 cubic feet internal, minus bracing so about 18 feet. I may choose to actually "wrap" around the wheel wells but I'll need to see if the extra airspace is worth the hassle. 2001 Chevy Blazer (2) SAZ-3000Ds (2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall Rockford 600-4 Pioneer PRS components Pioneer P800PRS deck
uhoh_45 Posted January 12, 2009 Report Posted January 12, 2009 if you go 38x54x18 you can get 18 before displacement and bracing and the havocs need 3-5 cubes per sub so you could get away with just that and making it one layer R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
uhoh_45 Posted January 12, 2009 Report Posted January 12, 2009 something like this R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
creyc Posted January 12, 2009 Author Report Posted January 12, 2009 hmm, bigass ported? What benefits/losses would I have going with like a 4th order BP? 2001 Chevy Blazer (2) SAZ-3000Ds (2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall Rockford 600-4 Pioneer PRS components Pioneer P800PRS deck
uhoh_45 Posted January 12, 2009 Report Posted January 12, 2009 to be honest with ya i donno all i know is it would have good responce from say 25hz to 60 hz if you tuned it like that R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.