Loud Sq Set-up

Bigg Boy

I am looking to do a car with a front staged aimed toward sq/sql. Space is really no issue. I am thinking of doing 4 pairs of Oxygen audio Air 63's (6.5" mid-bass, 4" mid, 1" tweeter). I am looking for some input on this. I need a good amount of front stage to keep up with his low end. Playing on running the 6.5 in a line, with the mids right about them, and the tweeters in between each mid.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? should i do 3 5.25" 2way comps, with a single 8" mid bass?

Any input would be great.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Why so many of the same size? I guess I'm old school but some of the best sounding cars I have ever been in had either a set of 8's 6's 4's and either horn or tweet your choice, or they would have just two sets of 6's and tweets. My take on SQL isn't 150db from your front staging though. My question to you would then be are you planning on competing or do you just want the cleanest loudest street system?

He is looking for a loud front stage that sounds real real good, but will keep up with his bass

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

that should be good, as long as its installed properly on heavily deadened doors, and you have a good amp to power them and a good tuning you'll be good to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Def give them 150-300w rms per side @ 4 ohms. Lots of deadening (about 12+ sq ft per door) and proper speaker enclosures to maximize efficiency is a must. I like to aim the speakers at the dome light for imaging.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

Archived