Second Skin Audio

2005 F150 Box

Slappin F150

So im deciding to do a build in my truck. Right now 1 18'' Fi Bl Will be in the back. The rear seats are a 60/40 split, I plan to remove the 60 and utilize the space for the box. I know a lot about enclosures and stuff. But not sure how to position the sub, port, how many cubes, square inches of port, ideal tuning hz for this sub. I know these questions are asked often but I really dont know.

Thank you!

DSC01587.jpg

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

I was wondering what music do you listen? The reason I'm asking is for the tunning of the box. I have noticed in the past that the lower the tunning, rap and other lower tone music sounds good at those tones, rock on the higher hz tones. I have 2 18Bl's and I have tunned mine to 35hz, and all music sounds great. I think you should face the sub up and port forward.

sub up port forward sounds great, so does 35hz. I listen to rap 90% of the time. I'll get some max measurements tomorrow. I think its 42'' wide, 24'' deep and 35'' height.but ill double check. thanks!

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

Ok got the sub in the mail today. Ok , so how many square inches of port should I use? could someone give me the measure ments for a port, box will be 7cubes, and want 33hz. thanks!

Team DC!

Archived