Second Skin Audio

4th Order Solo X 18

i was wondering if anyone can help me out with designing a 4th order for my 18 inch solo x d4. Its the 07 model and im gonna power it with a zx2500. ive never built a 4th order, and trial and error is kinda out of the question cause its gonna cost too much, so i need to do it right the first time. Its going to be a blowthrough in a 95 ford ranger single cab, so its kinda the only option i can think of for a box. I have a soft tonneau cover on it right now, so its gonna be a little tricky putting an 18inch sub in a bed thats barely 18inches high. Dimensions for the box can be 84 inches long 40 inches wide 16 top to bottom and the port can be as wide as 30 inches and as tall as about 12. im looking for a low tunned box at about 30-36 hertz. let me know if you can help me out and if you need any more info.

4 15" dc audio level 4 xl's in 4th order blow through

2 IA 40.1's at 2 ohms strapped with 3.9 rise...currently own 4 IA 40.1s.....

1 06zx3504 running Kicker QS 6 1/2's

1 iraggi 180 amp alt

1 optima d34 yellow top under hood

5 deka intimidators

HU - Eclipse AVX5000 W/ DCU-105

Termlabed 157db at 38hz 6000 watts

Try to keep in mind the 2:1 ration of the ported to the sealed side (2 cf ported to 1cf sealed)

I usually tune high to get the best sound response for all music, for SPL, I honestly wouldnt know. But I have tuned as high as 80hz on a really small bandpass, and got awesome sound from it down to the 30hz range

I would assume a guess to start with, try 4cf sealed, 8cf ported, and work from there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived