Second Skin Audio

Wiring Subs For Strapping Amps

I'd just use one terminal cup I think it'd be easier. Inside the box wire each sub in series to 4 ohm then wire the two subs together in parallel to a 2 ohm where they connect to a single terminal cup. then from the cup to the amps.

I'd just use one terminal cup I think it'd be easier. Inside the box wire each sub in series to 4 ohm then wire the two subs together in parallel to a 2 ohm where they connect to a single terminal cup. then from the cup to the amps.

cool thanks strapping amp @2ohm am i going to have less strane on my eletracle as opossed to running one big amp @0.5ohm

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

then wire the pos to pos of one amp and the neg to the other amps pos

then run amp neg to amp neg and dont forget to put one in master/br out and the other in slave/br in and your done

see link here for more

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

cool thanks strapping amp @2ohm am i going to have less strane on my eletracle as opossed to running one big amp @0.5ohm

Depends like say with 2 sundown 1500's strapped to 2 ohm is basically equivalent or if i remember correctly more power hungry than a single 3000 ran at 1 ohm. But if the smaller amps are half the size of the one big amp you speak of then yes that will be MUCH easier on the electrical than a big one at .5ohm

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

then wire the pos to pos of one amp and the neg to the other amps pos

then run amp neg to amp neg and dont forget to put one in master/br out and the other in slave/br in and your done

see link here for more

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

This is not always true. Depends on the amplifier and whether the master/slave arrangement flips the phase or not.

It's specific to the amp - do it wrong and the amps will fight each other.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!