Second Skin Audio

T- Line Help.

hey you guys im looking to build a new box and was considering a t-line but dont really understand all the math to it.. so i was wondering if someone could help me out.im going to be using 2 diamond audio 12's m6's with a diamond audio 1500.1.

don't exactly know whats needed for the enclosure but here are the specs..

Vb (net volume ft3) - 1.5

f3 (Hz) - 35

fb (tuning freq) - 31

Pe (watts) - 600

Ports - 1

Port I.D. - 4"

Port Lengh - 18"

dont really understand all that but was looking to fire the port up thru my rear deck and either face the speakers out towards the trunk or up underneath the deck

the space i have to work with is about not exact but 40' long. 16 tall and 19 deep , for a 06 impala

any help is appreciated..thanks you guys

hey you guys im looking to build a new box and was considering a t-line but dont really understand all the math to it.. so i was wondering if someone could help me out.im going to be using 2 diamond audio 12's m6's with a diamond audio 1500.1.

don't exactly know whats needed for the enclosure but here are the specs..

Vb (net volume ft3) - 1.5

f3 (Hz) - 35

fb (tuning freq) - 31

Pe (watts) - 600

Ports - 1

Port I.D. - 4"

Port Lengh - 18"

dont really understand all that but was looking to fire the port up thru my rear deck and either face the speakers out towards the trunk or up underneath the deck

the space i have to work with is about not exact but 40' long. 16 tall and 19 deep , for a 06 impala

any help is appreciated..thanks you guys

any one.. please help. iv been dying to start on this but dont exactly know where tooo..

That is the box specs, need specs of the woofer with no box, and I'am not googling nada

post the subs specs here, and I or a few other of us here will give you some pointers

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

That is the box specs, need specs of the woofer with no box, and I'am not googling nada

post the subs specs here, and I or a few other of us here will give you some pointers

sorry about that.

M612D4

Impedence - 8

SPL - (1w/1m) (DB) - 86

Qes - 0.54

Qts - 0.49

Fs (Hz) - 32.0

Vas (L) - 28.9

Cms (mm/N) - 0.083

Mms (g) - 298

Sd (m2) - 0.0497

BL (t/M) -26.2

Re - 6.2

Xmax (mm) - 16

if something looks wrong heres the link i got it from

http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/M6/M6_Sub_Manual.pdf

thanks again for your help

sorry about that.

M612D4

Impedence - 8

SPL - (1w/1m) (DB) - 86

Qes - 0.54

Qts - 0.49

Fs (Hz) - 32.0

Vas (L) - 28.9

Cms (mm/N) - 0.083

Mms (g) - 298

Sd (m2) - 0.0497

BL (t/M) -26.2

Re - 6.2

Xmax (mm) - 16

if something looks wrong heres the link i got it from

http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/M6/M6_Sub_Manual.pdf

thanks again for your help

any help?

a t-line is way different from a regular ported enclosure so your port firing up through the rear deck and wherever you want your speakers to face is going to be real challenging... if you haven't already read the tutorial on the quarter wave t-line do so.. and if you didn't understand it do it again. And you won't be able to build a t-line for both speakers in the back of an impala. Here are a couple of pictures from the t-lines i built for 1 12.

kerfedt-line031.jpg

kerfedt-line046.jpg

Photo18.jpg

t-line005.jpg

so you can see you have to have ALOT of space to build one of these things and i put these in a blazer and it took up the whole back end. You can go for a t-line but you'd only be able to use one speaker and the port up through the rear deck.. well i don't see that happening. The good thing though is if you can find a single 12 t-line in there it'd probably sound much clearer and if not a little louder the those 2 subs put together in a regular ported box.

As far as your speakers specs i think you'd be good but forever would know more about that than me.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

a t-line is way different from a regular ported enclosure so your port firing up through the rear deck and wherever you want your speakers to face is going to be real challenging... if you haven't already read the tutorial on the quarter wave t-line do so.. and if you didn't understand it do it again. And you won't be able to build a t-line for both speakers in the back of an impala. Here are a couple of pictures from the t-lines i built for 1 12.

kerfedt-line031.jpg

kerfedt-line046.jpg

Photo18.jpg

t-line005.jpg

so you can see you have to have ALOT of space to build one of these things and i put these in a blazer and it took up the whole back end. You can go for a t-line but you'd only be able to use one speaker and the port up through the rear deck.. well i don't see that happening. The good thing though is if you can find a single 12 t-line in there it'd probably sound much clearer and if not a little louder the those 2 subs put together in a regular ported box.

As far as your speakers specs i think you'd be good but forever would know more about that than me.

I'm not seeing a compression chamber, and I also love how those aren't tapered... is that strictly 1/4 wave taking into acount Fs only for the length, or what all is calculated there... Sd to determine height x width?

IB3 22"

I'm not seeing a compression chamber, and I also love how those aren't tapered... is that strictly 1/4 wave taking into acount Fs only for the length, or what all is calculated there... Sd to determine height x width?

the non kerfed box is strictly 1/4 deteremind by the speakers Fs the kerfed t-line the compression chamber is the one along the back but you can't notice it because of the camera angle.

The kerfed t-line isn't like an ordinary t-line, the calculations are completely different of a regular t-line and to me it works so much more efficiently. first it goes loading chamber, expansion, compression, then acceleration. each chamber varies slightly in area.

but yeah the second t-line you see there is strictly 1/4 wave based on the speakers fs of a mtx 12 inch jackhammer and i used the Sd to determine the height and width.

also i forgot to mention on the kerfed t-line the port area is determined off of the actual cone area of a 12 inch speaker and not the sd of that Fi sub.

Edited by amazinblazin10

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front