Puttin A Radio In A 09 Inpala

I got a 09 impala and im plannin on puttin a double din in it,but i had a couple ?'s.First one is how do i take off the surround around the radio.Second i wanted to know if there as a something for me to hook upi so that i can still use the controls on my steering wheel. last but not least i wanted to know if i could still use my factory amplifier with and after market radio?

I got a 09 impala and im plannin on puttin a double din in it,but i had a couple ?'s.First one is how do i take off the surround around the radio.Second i wanted to know if there as a something for me to hook upi so that i can still use the controls on my steering wheel. last but not least i wanted to know if i could still use my factory amplifier with and after market radio?

Im sure the plastic around the radio pops right out but not sure! you cant use the steering wheel controls with aftermarket radios unless u have a special connection witch you would have to buy in order to keep them usefull, and the factory amp, will still work juts make sure u hook up all the wires on the cd player harness. good luck

Im sure the plastic around the radio pops right out but not sure! you cant use the steering wheel controls with aftermarket radios unless u have a special connection witch you would have to buy in order to keep them usefull, and the factory amp, will still work juts make sure u hook up all the wires on the cd player harness. good luck

Right on my dude i appreciate the advice.

i'm assuming you have a gmos or equivalent harness to install it (metra is down, i cant rele check which one is right, you're prob able to get away with an xsvi harness)

if you get a metra or scoche dash kit, it should come with instructions on how to install everything, unless its a generic kit

as far as steering wheel controls, check peripheral and axxess, its more so reliant on the headunit you're putting in than anything, and its generally a pita to get working, make sure your headunit is "wired remote capable" or soemthing along those lines, or you're SOL

some that you would think would do it, just dont (like pioneer's flagship avic-f90...1200$msrp nav that cant even have steering wheel controls

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i'm assuming you have a gmos or equivalent harness to install it (metra is down, i cant rele check which one is right, you're prob able to get away with an xsvi harness)

if you get a metra or scoche dash kit, it should come with instructions on how to install everything, unless its a generic kit

as far as steering wheel controls, check peripheral and axxess, its more so reliant on the headunit you're putting in than anything, and its generally a pita to get working, make sure your headunit is "wired remote capable" or soemthing along those lines, or you're SOL

some that you would think would do it, just dont (like pioneer's flagship avic-f90...1200$msrp nav that cant even have steering wheel controls

The radio is a Kenwood Excelon Kvt-717dvd as of right now but i do think i will be upgrading to a pioneer of some sort just which ever i want. I went with this one because i have it already and it has a higher pre-out voltage for a clean signal.

You said a double din but the kvt series is a single din. The dnx is a double din. But all the pioneers i have used have a bad rca grounding issue after awhile. If u use the kenwood you can get the steering wheel control moduale for it and the harness is a data harness that works with the factory amp.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

You said a double din but the kvt series is a single din. The dnx is a double din. But all the pioneers i have used have a bad rca grounding issue after awhile. If u use the kenwood you can get the steering wheel control moduale for it and the harness is a data harness that works with the factory amp.

Yea u right but the only reason im puttin that in is cause i already had it but ive been looking for a double din because it just looks cleaner to me.

ay just a heads up u spelled Impala wrong..in the title haha lol

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.