Sundown Audio

Help With Good Frequencies

Bowser91

So iam me and my buddy are trying to tune are amp and deck so they are working togeather and sounding good the amp is a Kicker 08ZX2500.1 and the deck is a Pioneer DEH-P600UB. I just have a few questions about were to set the Frequencies the amp's lpf is 50-200Hz and the deck is 50-125Hz. Ok first question is do the amp and the deck both have to be in sync with what Hz they are set to (pretty sure that's a given but just making sure :fool: ) Next is what to set it at i want to hit good low's but i also like some of the higher ones? iam open for suggestions :lol:

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Knu wire 1/0 ultra fleks & Krystal Kable Rca

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

your trunk lid is going to get molested like a drunk stripper at an orgy.

They don't have to be in sync, assuming the slopes are the same (we'll assume it here....) then it's the lowest one that takes effect.

Eg if your deck was at 80 and your amp at 100 then 80 takes effect

If your deck was at 150 and your amp at 50 then your amp takes effect.

I would start at ~100 on the amp, set the deck to something higher and go from there.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

from someone with that deck, set the crossover at 125, your subs obviously wont play that high, but its the closest to fullpass they offer on that deck

use the amp to finetune the crossover for the subs, the manual crossover is a bit smoother on the amp than the headunit, giving you a cleaner high frequency cutoff

not to mention that a manual dial has way finer tuning than the 53/60/80/100/125 that deck has for xover

in general, i tune my xover a little high, just because i personally like the fuller sound it gives, i used to run 125 on the deck and like 95ish on my amp, but obviously larger subs, ported subs, funky bandpass systems may need something else. rule of thumb is 80hz is safe for ported 12's and smaller

edit: forgot to mention, i can draw you a pic to illustrate what im saying, but once that upper one kicks in, it combines the slopes and gives a very steep cutoff (which isnt too nice if you're going for straight sq)

say the deck is 125, and the amp is 80, that means 25hz (subsonic built into kicker iirc)-80hz, straight response, at 80 hz it begins a 12db slope down in volume, and then at 125, it increases to a 24db slope, since now two crossovers are combining

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

from someone with that deck, set the crossover at 125, your subs obviously wont play that high, but its the closest to fullpass they offer on that deck

use the amp to finetune the crossover for the subs, the manual crossover is a bit smoother on the amp than the headunit, giving you a cleaner high frequency cutoff

not to mention that a manual dial has way finer tuning than the 53/60/80/100/125 that deck has for xover

in general, i tune my xover a little high, just because i personally like the fuller sound it gives, i used to run 125 on the deck and like 95ish on my amp, but obviously larger subs, ported subs, funky bandpass systems may need something else. rule of thumb is 80hz is safe for ported 12's and smaller

edit: forgot to mention, i can draw you a pic to illustrate what im saying, but once that upper one kicks in, it combines the slopes and gives a very steep cutoff (which isnt too nice if you're going for straight sq)

say the deck is 125, and the amp is 80, that means 25hz (subsonic built into kicker iirc)-80hz, straight response, at 80 hz it begins a 12db slope down in volume, and then at 125, it increases to a 24db slope, since now two crossovers are combining

we want SPL, and a pic would be awesome

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Knu wire 1/0 ultra fleks & Krystal Kable Rca

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

your trunk lid is going to get molested like a drunk stripper at an orgy.

Archived