Second Skin Audio

One 15 Mtx 9500 Or Two 12 Type R's Etc..?

currently running one 15 mtx 9500, and im not too happy on what i can do, thinking about two 12 type r's or another 15.

running a brutus 1605 to the mtx and 1 know im not pushing all i can, due to the amp pushing @ 1 ohm and sub @ 2. what would be the diff if i had the two 12's? The enclosure is a exact duplicate of the slegdehammer enclosure(got off mtx site). i had a 12 type r b4 the 9500, and it was slapping, the enclsoure, was sumwhat of a t-line though :S maybe that was the diff :D what do you guys think, and it's pretty much for daily loudness. and yes i've did the big 3 and added a svr 80-12 bat in the back running all 0 gauge and its in the integ on the avatar. what should i do?

04 Acura TL

Sundown build coming soon.

well 9500 def are loud with the correct box and power...maybe try a new box,new powerfull amp...a box ported @30hz.....i would just go with the 9500 "15's" than 2 12's type r's...but thats my choice....hope this helps brotha.....maybe other people could help ya out...and have better knowlegde or ideas..

Edited by DUBIE

well 9500 def are loud with the correct box and power...maybe try a new box,new powerfull amp...a box ported @30hz.....i would just go with the 9500 "15's" than 2 12's type r's...but thats my choice....hope this helps brotha.....maybe other people could help ya out...and have better knowlegde or ideas..

thanx for the input, reason is i got the 9500 for cheap and knowing how retared there prices are for them, i'd thought i give it a try and see how far it goes, so far its okay. thought about a different enclosure, and about the sub up port back, but im not to good @ designing/tuning them . Well see what others will say :D

BTW: just for future box builds, would the specs be the same if the port back sub up design?

04 Acura TL

thanx for the input, reason is i got the 9500 for cheap and knowing how retared there prices are for them, i'd thought i give it a try and see how far it goes, so far its okay. thought about a different enclosure, and about the sub up port back, but im not to good @ designing/tuning them . Well see what others will say :D

BTW: just for future box builds, would the specs be the same if the port back sub up design?

you should try that..subs up port back..i have a DC LVL 2 '15' tuned to 30hz..running on 1000watts.(woofer up port back on a chevy TB)...and i gota say that mofo gets loud...if ya want i could get you a box design?. :D

Edited by DUBIE

how big is your box?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

well if you had the type r in a t line then that might be the differece right there t lines are known for getting preety loud.

aer your gains the same as when you had teh type r in?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

9500freshcarpet.jpg

should be 2.48ft3, the exact spec of what mtx has shown, i had to do this due to not knowning what kinda enclosure i wanted b4, but knowning that sub up port back helps more, should of done that setup b4 this one.

Edited by Dbass

04 Acura TL

you should try that..subs up port back..i have a DC LVL 2 '15' tuned to 30hz..running on 1000watts.(woofer up port back on a chevy TB)...and i gota say that mofo gets loud...if ya want i could get you a box design?. :D

i wouldn't mind a design, but the income kinda low @ the moment, i'll pm you once im ready? :D thanx appreciate it

04 Acura TL

well if you had the type r in a t line then that might be the differece right there t lines are known for getting preety loud.

aer your gains the same as when you had teh type r in?

well, it was in a different car and only the 1000 brutus to it, total diff setup this time. sometimes, i wish i had kept it :S

04 Acura TL