Well guys I still got my reg cab 94 sonoma.

I am getting a FBI heim 4 link from a buddy. I will also be getting a Sanden EDC with it, with any luck.

I may or may not convert it to poly bushings. I will be buying a raised gas tank crossmember from AVS or Suicide Doors or FBI, and welding tabs onto it for my upper link bars.

However I'm not sure what I should do for bag placement...

I will be doing a notch. I can't do bag on bar because the bars are sorta skinny, there not meant for that.

I will be putting a Blazer gas tank in the back behind the axle, so I'm not sure if two rearward liftbars would work without coliding with the gas tank (turn it into a 6 link)

I can do bag on axle, behind the axle.. ?

I was told to run sleeves behind the axle but I'm not sure if I want to. Seems like there easy to mess up, I want something simple and bulletproof for my first setup.

Bag over axle rides like crap compared to on the bars. I would measure the lower bars and make new ones out of 2x2x1/4 and put bags on the bars as far forward as you can to get the most lift and best ride. I got my 4link from Suicide Doors and it is great quality, if you can't make your own lowers you can get any length you need from them. It will be worth a few extra bucks now for the better ride quality. Also i only run Slam Specialty bags, best on the market (IMO)

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Bag over axle rides like crap compared to on the bars. I would measure the lower bars and make new ones out of 2x2x1/4 and put bags on the bars as far forward as you can to get the most lift and best ride. I got my 4link from Suicide Doors and it is great quality, if you can't make your own lowers you can get any length you need from them. It will be worth a few extra bucks now for the better ride quality. Also i only run Slam Specialty bags, best on the market (IMO)

x2 on bag over axle. Sleeves do ride a little better than convoluted in that application, but in no way compares to a bag on bar setup. And I'm pretty partial to my Slam's also. :wub:

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

screw building bars. just cut some gussets for the bottom side of the bar.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

Suicide doors sells bar gussets, you can check them out on there site, if you have a plasma cutter you can fab your own out of 1/4" or larger plate and put the bags on your current bars. It still may be easier to replace the lowers with the right bars, especially if you have round tube right now.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Suicide doors sells bar gussets, you can check them out on there site, if you have a plasma cutter you can fab your own out of 1/4" or larger plate and put the bags on your current bars. It still may be easier to replace the lowers with the right bars, especially if you have round tube right now.

Its a heim kit.. I haven't recieved the kit yet. I'm thinking I may just slap some behind axle brackets... waiting to do my taxes first.