Second Skin Audio

Jl 13w1 Recone

cc_audio

Hey guys. Just pulled a 13W1 v2 woofer out of my buddies car. I had installed it for him and had everything set perfect on the gains. But he discovered the amp could go up more by himself and clipped the woofer to death. Just wondering if theres anyone who might have a recone for this thing for cheap. Its not worth much and I really don't care if the soft parts are from jl. (I really don't care what they look like for that matter). The woofer actually blew, then resoldered its coil. It now sits at 1.6ohms instead of 4 and has a nice black, stinky coil. Anybody have something that will work with this thing? Don't have any recone connections but I do have enough experience reconing woofers. It would be nice to have a spair sub lying around. It's rather difficult to track down a recone kit for a 13.5" woofer.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

i think focal makes 13.5 speakers but im not sure how it will work in that, why not do a 12 in the basket but with a larger surround or will that not work?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i think focal makes 13.5 speakers but im not sure how it will work in that, why not do a 12 in the basket but with a larger surround or will that not work?

That crossed my mind, but an oversized 12" surround is still 12" to the outer edge. Can't find an oversized 13.5" surround or any 13.5" surround for that matter. I even thought about two surrounds like FS3's woofers. If I can't find a simpler recone for it, I'll just scrap it and donate the motor.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Archived