Your chevy bowtie looks awful un-polished. Polish that mutha up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=420906

Notice the orange peel before wetsanding and polishing, That's how yours looks. Then look at how it'll look after you polish the orange peel out.

I've done many of them for friends with just spray cans and if you know how to work them you can get a 100% perfect gloss on the clear, mine turn out just as good if not better than when people get it done by pro's.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

hey what kind of tint are jo using?

autozone stuff :unsure:

lol don't kill me.

Your chevy bowtie looks awful un-polished. Polish that mutha up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=420906

Notice the orange peel before wetsanding and polishing, That's how yours looks. Then look at how it'll look after you polish the orange peel out.

I've done many of them for friends with just spray cans and if you know how to work them you can get a 100% perfect gloss on the clear, mine turn out just as good if not better than when people get it done by pro's.

I haven't polished it yet.

what orange peel are you talking about?

I used Chevy paint so it has speckles of paint in it like my car.

it isn't a flat color like the black you did.

thanks for the tutorial back when I asked you :)

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

LOL that shit sucks if you call the tint guy mike he'll hook up up with some good shit it is so much easier to work with and it's twice as thick andmost of the time he'll sell it for cheaper than the autozone or tap plastics just tell him I sent you

Roseville, CA

LOL that shit sucks if you call the tint guy mike he'll hook up up with some good shit it is so much easier to work with and it's twice as thick andmost of the time he'll sell it for cheaper than the autozone or tap plastics just tell him I sent you

:clapping::rofl::lol:

I did my right rear window in the middle.

screwed it up so bad that I called him right after and left a message.

it looks good from the outside but don't get in its horrible.

I haven't polished it yet.

what orange peel are you talking about?

I used Chevy paint so it has speckles of paint in it like my car.

it isn't a flat color like the black you did.

thanks for the tutorial back when I asked you :)

Orange peel is the texture of your clear coat, when you look at it and it's not like a perfect mirror but has bumps and dips in it and looks about like the skin of an orange.

Here's a good example of a perfect finish on the left, and orange peel on the right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perfect top, orange peel bottom half.

Posted Image

A good diagram of where orange peel is. In some cases, if the painter does not wetsand after the color, sometimes the color coat can have orange peel as well.

Posted Image

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Haha leave it on so he can have a laugh LOL I tried to do mine and it came out horrible so don't think nothing of it but when I was watchin him do it. I was like it ain't fair how easy it is for him to do LOL

I would think he would cost extra to take it off.

I'll try to take it off first so he doesn't have to.

I think the main problem I had on the last window I did was that it the water between the tint and window got hot and so when I squeegeed it out it left water trails which is the whole reason I am getting it done by mike.

CAUTION: don't ever tint by yourself and then watch youtube videos or the actual guy doing your windows do it. you will feel like an idiot.

Orange peel is the texture of your clear coat, when you look at it and it's not like a perfect mirror but has bumps and dips in it and looks about like the skin of an orange.

Here's a good example of a perfect finish on the left, and orange peel on the right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perfect top, orange peel bottom half.

Posted Image

A good diagram of where orange peel is. In some cases, if the painter does not wetsand after the color, sometimes the color coat can have orange peel as well.

Posted Image

oh lol for some reason I thought you meant the "orange" as some refer to the chevy color was showing through.

yeah I'm going to wetsand it again and shoot some more clear coat.

thanks man you have been a big help :)

oh lol for some reason I thought you meant the "orange" as some refer to the chevy color was showing through.

yeah I'm going to wetsand it again and shoot some more clear coat.

thanks man you have been a big help :)

No problem at all man, always willing to help.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 2 weeks later...

Feels like I have done a lot lately.

Lets see if I can remember.

Since tinting I went to the competition and was still climbing at 142 on Thug Motivation.

Took second in the 129.9 class.

First competition ever so I was pretty happy.

Decided I am going to do a new build when I get money 2 T3 TSNS 18's and 2 RF T4k's

Broke a screw in the window switch so that was flappin like a mofo... Fixed.

Got a 300 amp alternator from DB Linc thanks to Elvis.

I didn't even know what I was missing. Biggest mistake not saving for that first.

My lights don't dim at all, my voltage sits at 14.4 and will occasionally drop to 14 when I am driving.

I can keep it up at 2,000 RPMs for demos which was my main goal :D

I don't think my BL knows how to handle the power that is constantly going at it now.

Definitely got louder since now I am not dropping volts. When they say every volt counts they mean it.

Took the rear air control housing off...

Posted Image

I can almost guarantee that is the most rattling I hear in my car.

there wasn't enough room to fit my hand in between the roof and the white plastic to get deadening in so I stuffed it with some dense foam I got from a dishwasher package.

works really well.

Posted Image

also put a bead of silicone around the dials that sit in the housing because those rattle and fixed my rear light issue.

I was giving a demo to the team and I turn around after I was done and the light was dangling.

:D logan says it means I'm loud ! ! !

edit: you can see just how dark the inside of my car is by looking at the front passenger window compared to the winshield.

thats without stock tint. imagine what the back ones are with stock tint and 5%.

Archived