Second Skin Audio

I Want Sql But Less Than The Cone Area I Got Now

i want low bass but still plays country good to, im sick of 15's they take up to much damn room, im lookin for 10's or 12's that i can modify my cubbyholes in behind seats and put em in there in there own lil sealed box with amp mounted in there also or on back wall or somethin, what im gettin at is i want to use my back seat to hawl stuff around i kno i got a truck bed but ied like to have room for groceries and what knot when it rains, i love the way my system sounds now but i kno i can get louder with less cone area cause ive done it befor, i had a set of cerwin vega vmaxx 12's (with red surround) ina sealed box i turned upside down in back of truck and they was louder than the mtx 5500 1544's i had in there befor while i was buildin a new box, ied get those again but i got em for a hella deal, 2 $120 for $50 and they looked brand new n sounded like it to, im prolly gunna keep my 1000d but sell my 4 15's n step it down to 10's or 12's for a while, im not doggin big subs cause i love how my doors shake n shit now and how loud it is but im leanin more to sql now than spl, i want a street beater with the least amount of cone area i can fit behind the seat in the lil cubby hole thing

what do yall fellas think will work best for me with 1000rms@1ohm to spare?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I'd go with the kicker L7s 10's i had 3 in my single cab truck on a 1ohm amp..Get 2 10s or 2 8s either L7s or L5s.. I played alot of country on them and it sounded pretty good..if ur lookin for small space kicker has the CVRs and the CVX in shallow mounts..

1996 Ford Taurus

----------------------------

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

3 kicker L7 10s (4)ohm droped

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

umm i cant spring $500 a sub but i would like 2 of these, anyone got any info bout em? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=5807

there authorized dealers and ive baught from them a couple times and they got good costomer service to and ship pritty efficently, and i think if i get rid of my 4 15's and can manage to get $500 from em i might get those, i can give em there rms and should sound good ina small sealed box to

5807.jpg

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

or maby these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4993

there the ids and should be able to handle the rms i give them and look good also 4993.jpg

what do u think will work best for my aplication? i want somethin that has good sq but will get moderatly loud and still be clean with minimal box volume and will sound good on rap, rnd, country, rock and be around $300 a set?

or maby this one might work, i think i can get .75cf in the cubbys and run these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=2186

2186.jpg

i like mtx and its within my budget and they seem to be efficent subs and thats pritty much all ive owned in the years till now so i might be stuck on these^^

ive owned the older 7000 series 12 singal 8ohm and with half the spider loose from vc it was still louder than most subs ive owned befor and i was runnin it from a coustic 600w 2ch bridged and it sounded awesome

Edited by tacomabanga1986

oh, and if anyone wanted to kno how i was gunna do this is i was gunna use the rear cubbyholes behind my seat, covers are already gone (but take them out), then build a halfway box but were one side sets flush with bottom of floor but the other side is gunna be fiberglassed to match the contures of the cloor to get more cf to, then make it the hight i need then mount a face to front of it then screw the face town to the place the cubby cover mounted to, then make some kinda amp rack thing in middle if i can, put sub amp at top, and mids n highs amp at bottom and i might mount the battery underhood also beside my other one then run wire to back that way, should work i think, run from front battery to other side battery n then to back?, anyways thats pritty much how ima do it and should be alot cleaner than what i got now, im not doggin 15's but ied like somethin smaller, more compact but still good sq output, i'll prolly put my 8's in my geo or somethin, anyways what imput yall guys got?

The IDQ10v3's are great - the v3 is basically a lower power handling version of the max with better SQ. They run really well in tiny tiny little enclosures too :)

The idmax shouldn't cost you $500 a sub, shop around more, they are a very nice sub as well.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

honestly bro, your best bet sounds like Alpine Type R's either 10's (that id suggest) or 12s. They hit everything, and get down very well for 1000watts rms. ntm, they sell for like $115 a piece online:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=14952

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

but how to they preform in really tiny boxs? im lookin at somethin that sounds good with minamal airspace, i kno type rs sound really good but im not lookin into building a box like ive got now, i love the system i got now but i want more sq than all the loudness, now my system gets down on pritty much everything and sounds great doin so but i want to get rid of that big ass box behind my seats and do alot smaller of a system if i can, cause i unno what car ima drive when my gf has the baby and i need room for carseat and what knot, i was lookin into some cvt 6&1/2s? maby put those in factory holes in back and just do it that way?

these are the ones im talking about http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=6597

6597.jpg

those should sound good as long as i dynamat behind to seal it up

Edited by tacomabanga1986