Sundown Audio

Setting A 2ch Bridge Amp

PUNKYOU007

i searched and cannot find where any of the "setting you gain totourials" show how to set the amp if you are bridging. i will be using an o-scope to set my gains but how do i do it using a 2 channel amp. i have two gain controls. do i set each channel individually? do i hook the oscope up bridged? if so how do i get each gain to be equal? i read a couple threads on how to set the gains but i must be missing this part. i have always done it by ear with great success but now that i am running two alts and my input voltage is higher and more stable i want to make sure the subs are not clipping.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

a 2ch amp has 1gain for each channel, a 4ch has 2 for the 4 channels, 1 for 2 and 1 for the other 2, 1 gain controles both stereo channels u may be thinkin bout the lpf?

and bridgeing works the same way as 2ch stereo just most 2channels can be bridged to 2ohm mono or 4ohm mono

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

my amps have a gain for left and a gain for right. so when i bridge i am using the pos from one channel and the negative from the other channel. so i must adjust both gains right?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

can i get a link to your amp so i can see what ur asking?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

damn this makes me feel real dumb..lol. i'll find you a link now. thanks for the help by the way

d(-__-)b

RF amp manual

IMG_0898.jpg

This is the only pic i have right now. if you look to the right of the RCA you can see the gain for the right channel, on the other side of the RCA is the gain for the left.

d(-__-)b

ive never heard of a 2ch amp with 2gains? you sure its a gain?

umm lol i unno man, just try to set each side the best u can but i unno cause when you bridge it might throw it off, i unno, set the voltage while u got it bridged n see what u get, take a screw driver n turn each of em at the same time i guess?

umm, i cant find it on the rf site, no 8002's unless its the oldschool ones?

well there are two pots and one says "left gain" and the other "right gain"

and that exactly how i felt, the whole turn one a little and the other a little but whats the point of trying to be exact if i do that?/? im lost

i picked up an oscope and a power supply for $150 and now i can use them :( lol

d(-__-)b

a 2ch amp has 1gain for each channel, a 4ch has 2 for the 4 channels, 1 for 2 and 1 for the other 2, 1 gain controles both stereo channels u may be thinkin bout the lpf?

and bridgeing works the same way as 2ch stereo just most 2channels can be bridged to 2ohm mono or 4ohm mono

LOL heres a man that hasn't owned any good ole RF punch amps.

I hate amps that have sperate gain controls when I need them bridged.

The first thing I would do is use your O-scope and go ahead and do you left and right gains seperatly.

Then I would hook the scope up to the amp in the bridged configureation and see what your scope says.

I think you should close enough to clipping that it should be acouple tiny taps on each of the gains if you want it perfect.

That should get you in the ballpark.

Let me know how it works out as I didn't have an O-scope to use when I set up my old RF punch amps.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png