Sundown Audio

Setting A 2ch Bridge Amp

PUNKYOU007

damn this makes me feel real dumb..lol. i'll find you a link now. thanks for the help by the way

Dude don't start to feel dumb.

Hell I might be hitting Vet status and as nice as seperate gain controls are I still have a hard time when I need to bridge an amp like that.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

thanks that deff made me feel better. and i was just in the shower and was thinking thats what i should try. thanks ill try that when i get a chance. but for now im off to go see Friday the 13th....

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Well good luck and let me know how it works out.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Do you have a 2-channel o-scope? If yes set the display type to ADD or SUM then connect one probe to the left channel and 1 probe to the right but backwards then adjust the gains until you get a perfectly flat line on the scope. Turn down the v/div so you know it's really really close. That way you know the channels are perfectly equal.

This won't work if the amp/source doesn't have perfect phasing between the channels but it should be pretty damn close.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Do you have a 2-channel o-scope? If yes set the display type to ADD or SUM then connect one probe to the left channel and 1 probe to the right but backwards then adjust the gains until you get a perfectly flat line on the scope. Turn down the v/div so you know it's really really close. That way you know the channels are perfectly equal. This won't work if the amp/source doesn't have perfect phasing between the channels but it should be pretty damn close.

Ya that is a very,very important detail.

When you feel like your done use your DMM again with the speakers unhooked and check your right and left channels with the DMM again.

Its really important that both channels are putting out the same amount of AC voltage so adjust your gains accordingly. If the scope says 25.00 AC volts on the left channel, Then you need to make sure the right channel is within 3 to 5 tenths plus or minus.

Something like this:

If the left does 25.00 volts clean, then the right needs to be somewhere between 24.70 to 25.20 or left can be 25.00 volts and the right can be 24.90.

You will find out what your numbers are after you scope it.( the numbers I used are examples only)

Now that you have done the final part you should be good to go.

Hook your subs up and let them pound.

Little tidbit of info on some RF amps. There is a really good chance that the RF amps won't have a flat frequency response. Most likely there will be a small hump at 45 Hertz. (Even with the Punch Bass turned all the way down.)

I highly recommend setting your gains with a test tone disc playing 45 Hertz and make sure you use your repeat track button on your H/U so it doesn't change frequencies on you by accident.(I usually use a 50 hertz test tone on normal amps)

This is were I buy my Test tone discs. www.termpro.com

Direct link to the disc:

http://www.termpro.com/storefront/index.asp?Page=13

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png