Second Skin Audio

T-line Subenclosure

what the over all advantage with a t-line box and would it be a good idea to put one in an extened cab truck and if so can anyone design me one thank in advance

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

t-line are great for sound quality and they can really handle the lows with more clarity then an average vented enclosure, if you can fit one in your tuck which i'm almost positive you could, i would go for it

but then again are you going to be competing, would you rather have more sound quality or spl, etc. etc. these are things to think about but if not then yeah a t-line would be good

and another thing you need to check the specs on your sub, your Qts should be .40 and lower, and Qms 7 and lower, least these are the PREFERRED specs for a tline woofer, doesn't necessarily mean they wont' work if they are slightly over.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

the only thing i would have a problem with is getting it over the back seats but if i could make it longer i could to it but my

qts is .36 and qms is 4.81 if that helps

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=3500e

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

go for it! and whatever you decide to do, post pictures!

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

ill build one but i need some one to design one because im lost on t-lines i can build with great amounts of quality but designing it i have no clue on

I used to design tline's for a lot of people, but other people started to charge, so I started to charge, and I would tell whoever I was designing a box for that I gladly receive tips, then I moved that to $10, and I only seen a payment once or twice- Since I don't have paypal

So I don't design boxes anymore for people, or I would. I' am just to busy myself to do free handouts

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

designing and building a tline is relatively easy, you find your port length, max dimensions, and how big of a port you need and go from there.

1130/32 = 35.3125/4 = 8.828125*12 = 105.9375 so your port length would have to be around 106 inches in length if you decide to tune it to the fs of your speaker which is 32hz

and since i don't see the sd of your speaker you'd have to design your t-line off of the actual cone area of a 12" driver which is 94.985 sq. inches

so your t-line enclosure would have to have a port area of 94.985 sq. inches (can be rounded slightly for easier measuring purposes) around 106 inches long

if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, there's a lot of t-line bass heads running around here on this site so either myself or anyone else experienced with t-lines can help you out.

Edited by amazinblazin10

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

lol yeah but after you read it a few times and get the hang of it it starts to make sense

95.985 sq. inches of port 106 inches long is how i would sum it all up

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250