Rell Posted February 17, 2009 Report Posted February 17, 2009 This is for an 87 caprice 4 door.. Looking for a nice component set, Budget $300 or less. Looking for something that can be played at high volume and still maintain clean sound without any distortion with a bit of mid bass in them. Since my interior will be a tan/ peanut butter color with a little black here and there Im looking for speakers with an black cone only since the speakers will be exposed an not covered with any grill(besides the kicks). no blue/grey/ yellow etc cone speakers. Also looking to do a midbass driver 6.5-8in no bigger for the kicks. I sketched out my design I want to build for the door panels and everything. I know where I want to place the 6.5s but still undecided where to place the tweets?? I dont have any pics of my interior so I had to use picture I have on my computer to show you guys. What are your guys thoughts on the speaker placement? First up the kicks, this is pretty much what my interior will look like. Same color. Looking to build some kicks with the mesh cover grill like you see in the picture The front doors where I want to place the 6.5. How is the spot where I put the tweets? or should I just put them in the door? I would like to put them either lower or higher up on the pillars but the mounting screws for the pillar would be in the way. Should I run 1 tweet or both of them since I would get 2 for the component set?? The rear, same placement for the 6.5, as for the tweet where should I place it? put it in the door or like how I have it on the picture? Or run no tweet at all in the back? Where you see the back brake light there in the rear deck I plan on taking that out and running a port there for the sub box. The two place I was thinking about for the tweets. These are the speakers I was came across first. How do these sound? Anyone know? 6.5 2way components http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_compone...php?comp_id=441 8in midbass driver http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_compone...hp?series_id=31 Subs I want to run (2) 15 btls Not sure which amps to go with yet. yet
raytard Posted February 17, 2009 Report Posted February 17, 2009 be careful with removing the rear taillight, its required in all states and can get you some tickets...i learned that the fun way i heard those c5's in person (2 6.5's in the door, one tweet between em, one tweet from each side centerish on dash facing straight back, JL demo car ) they sound great, unlike some older jl they actually had some midbass, and sounded great overall. they got decently loud off whatever jl amp was powering it, i think a 300/4 iirc. Those 8's i haven't heard, or even heard about. from a staging point of view you're probably better off putting a 6.5 and tweet in the kick(aimed between the front seats), and the 8 in the door. If you just want it to be loud, i'd still say put the 8 in the door, the 6.5 in the kick aimed between the seats, and then mount the tweet in the a-pillar, aimed at oppisite side headrest is probably a good idea. in the back, put the tweets close the the 6.5, in the c-pillar its going to deafen anyone sitting back there, and on the deck its just going to be strange. More and more sq cars i see (like the jl demo car) ran nothing in the back. If you're going to still carry friends around back there and whatnot, mount the tweets close to the woofers, and aim them straight across or at the oppisite side headrest. Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Rell Posted February 17, 2009 Author Report Posted February 17, 2009 be careful with removing the rear taillight, its required in all states and can get you some tickets...i learned that the fun wayi heard those c5's in person (2 6.5's in the door, one tweet between em, one tweet from each side centerish on dash facing straight back, JL demo car ) they sound great, unlike some older jl they actually had some midbass, and sounded great overall. they got decently loud off whatever jl amp was powering it, i think a 300/4 iirc. Those 8's i haven't heard, or even heard about. from a staging point of view you're probably better off putting a 6.5 and tweet in the kick(aimed between the front seats), and the 8 in the door. If you just want it to be loud, i'd still say put the 8 in the door, the 6.5 in the kick aimed between the seats, and then mount the tweet in the a-pillar, aimed at oppisite side headrest is probably a good idea. in the back, put the tweets close the the 6.5, in the c-pillar its going to deafen anyone sitting back there, and on the deck its just going to be strange. More and more sq cars i see (like the jl demo car) ran nothing in the back. If you're going to still carry friends around back there and whatnot, mount the tweets close to the woofers, and aim them straight across or at the oppisite side headrest. Really I thought you just have to have at least two tail lights? Third just an extra unless one of the three go out? Well If I was going to keep a tail light I was going to make a led light strip to run across the back. But I have been driving the car around for a while now without the rear tail light. I took it out few months back an no problems yet. I thought about putting the 8 mid in the door, not sure yet though if I want to do that... Deafen anyone in the back seat you say? FTMFW....I;ll have a free set of ear plugs for anyone that rides in the back . I definitely want it loud, but also want it to be clear at the same time so if I cant have both I can sacrifice the loundness...If I dont have my subs on and getting the bass from there then I want my speakers to be rattling the door off damn near then.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.