Jump to content

Component Speakers


audioman21

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have never seen(in person) a component speaker, therefore i was wondering how they get hooked up. Do you just hook up the tweeter and mid bass to the crossover and then run the speaker wire from the amp to the crossover? If this is how it works what do you set the filter on the amp to high pass or full range?

Posted

ur right

tweets and mids wiring meets at crossover, then crossover to amp

set hpf anywhere on amp from 63-120hz, depending on how low the speakers can go, type of music listened to, and noobageness... and crossover slope... 12db is fine, 18db-24db can help u lower the crossover point without as much damage

i find 80hz pretty common, with well sealed doors and a good ear so can decifer distortion/break up... u can go lower

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Posted

Thanks man I just wanted to clear up how they work, I've just seen them in builds and online but never in person. Guess I'll have to give a set a try out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1064 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...