Ok, so I shaved about 1/4 inch off the top of the opening behind the seat and started to test fit the box again.

Posted Image

I'm going to close the sides in last, its much easier to carry around this way :)

Posted Image

Like OJ's Glove !!!

This is with the box in all the way to the stock speaker magnets. I didn't feel like dissassembling the deck again, thats good enough for a fit. A tight fit it is. If you look at the passenger side at the top of corner of the box, I had to bend the metal up a little. Fawking floor is uneven so it is higher on that side.

Posted Image

Here is a closer look. Since I took that picture, I have made even more clearance, its not a problem anymore.

Posted Image

Here is a front view of the space I had to make to clear the strut towers.

Posted Image

Rear view of the strut towers.

Posted Image

Now the only problem I have is trying to make room for the E8 woofers and 6 1/2" tang bands. The magnets hang too damn low. Even with the MDF rings I'm gonna make them, they will still come down 2.5" too low. I am now thinking to just cut a couple of recesses in the top of the sub box to give the magnets clearance. I did the math and I would lose 427 ci by doing that which would bring my net enclosure volume to 5.4cf. I think that should be fine. If I remember correctly, Jacob said that 5cf would be good for them, so I'm still a little above that and I don't have to take drastic measures with the back dash, stealth is critical !!!

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

looking good bro cant wait until everything in there!

and where's the port going, in the center?

I'm finalizing my plans on paper right now. Todays test fit put everything in perspective. I have 2 6" Aeroports. They come out the front baffle, one above and one below the center line between the subs. I'll have to trim some of the flares to give the subs clearance but it will be cool. The ports will be pointing directly at the ski hole. The box will be set in about 1 inch past the cutout i made behind the seat.

I also solved my problem with the 8's and mids not clearing the box. I have enough net volume, I'm going to make a couple of recesses in the top of the box to clear the magnets of the rear speakers. I'll still have 5.4cf after all displacements. I just have to recalculate tuning with the new size.

That bitch fits in there tight !!! I can't wait to get it all the way in there. I'm tossing around ideas for covering it, I'm thinking that covering the metal area behind the seat and the front of the box in a tan vinyl to match the cars interior, and just do the back of the box in grey carpet to match the trunk.

97 Maxima SE

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've been real busy lately, so here is all I've accomplished in a little while.

Removed the rear deck and speakers to fully test fit the sub box.

Posted Image

Box fits perfectly.

Posted Image

I didn't match the angle of the baffle to the angle of the rear seat because I wanted a little extra clearance near the bottom where the center armrest in the rear seat (ski hole) is hinged as it protrudes from the rear of the seat back a little bit.

Posted Image

Here's how it looks from the trunk view.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really have to think hard about what I want to with the rear deck, there is no room below the deck at all so the only option would be to make a little room in the top of the box which would bring it down to about 5.4cf net instead of 5.8cf. So let me ask all you experienced box builders, will that .4cf really make much difference? Otherwise I have to start looking at the rear doors which I really didn't want to have to do. Thanks in advance for any input, Bob.

97 Maxima SE

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since I've been able to work on this, but I finally got my ports together and I'm fitting them into the enclosure. I ordered 2 Genova 6" 90 degree elbows and painted them black with Rustoleum Plastic paint. They came out better than I thought they would, that paint really adheres to pvc well.

Here is a pic of the precision ports and the pvc elbows after painting:

Posted Image

You can judge their size next to my shoes.

Posted Image

Here they are assembled, not permanently:

Posted Image

Test fitting in the box:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tomorrow I should be able do a final fit and mount them. I guess I'll have to buy some carpet soon.

97 Maxima SE

im lovin the way this is coming out as wel

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Installed 2nd baffle:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After I finish the holes for the subs and ports, I'll install the dowel rods for support. I'm gonna go shopping for felt today for the covering. Hopefully I can find some nice tan to match the interior for the front baffle. I'll just get the grey trunk stuff for the back. After I install and align the ports, I'll put the sides on then the box should be done at least.

97 Maxima SE

Archived