Spl Help

i have a 97ford probe gt hatchback with 2 18"treo ssx and 2 rd audio 3250.1 strapped @2ohms my best on a termlab was 147.6 my box is tuned to 32hz and is 10cubes 100sqin of port before any displacments this was my first time using a termlab i think my score should be higher oh its subs up port back the score was playing jeezy put on what could help me out and what kind of dbzzzzz should i be getting with this set up

well your tuned low so you wont hit nearly as high as you should say tuning to 38-42 hz and in a hatchback, which has been said a few times in another one of your posts, subs up port up is louder, to a few people.... including my self. 147.6 is a good score tuned at 32 hz but if you switched it to subs up port up, you would prob hit higher

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you need to find your vehicles freq,you can do this with a radio shack spl meter at low volume,just do a sweep from say 30-60 hertz and see where it peaks,thatll be you cars resonate freq...meter is like 56.00 bux for the digital,and worth it

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

well your tuned low so you wont hit nearly as high as you should say tuning to 38-42 hz and in a hatchback, which has been said a few times in another one of your posts, subs up port up is louder, to a few people.... including my self. 147.6 is a good score tuned at 32 hz but if you switched it to subs up port up, you would prob hit higher

thank for the help guys but i built the box to treos spec maybe i see a new box in my futher but this one does a nise hairtrick tho is there anything i can do to keep it from beating the shit out of my back bumper like maybe some mdf there or something couse 4 layers of dynamat is not helping any

build it the same specs, just change it to port up instead, it can be the same size...

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

under the window, will be the loudest that i have tested... if you check out any of the vids in my car, the port is firing towards the window

Team DC Audio

If your truely going for SPL and don't care about sound quailty then I rebuild your port and tune for around 45 or 50hz, your peak note will a little higher whatever you tune your box at. I seen a two db increase from tuning of 35hz to 58hz, but I am building a removable port so I can have both sql and spl.

If your truely going for SPL and don't care about sound quailty then I rebuild your port and tune for around 45 or 50hz, your peak note will a little higher whatever you tune your box at. I seen a two db increase from tuning of 35hz to 58hz, but I am building a removable port so I can have both sql and spl.

ok thanks