well... there are a number of different things you could wire up that wouldn't allow your engine to start/would stop it... you probably have a relay for your coil, probably have one for a fuel pump etc.

so far i've seen a toyota camry where you had to hold the down button on the side view mirror adjust while you crank in order to start, and an acura legend with the same thing, only using the sunroof open button.

both of those were basically a relay to the ignition line off of the key cylinder, both were mid 90's simple ass cars

the main downside is where you tap it, and how you hide the wires, if its obvious you're screwed either way, and some cars its just a matter of a screwdriver to the starter to get it running

hook a relay to the coil and run the switch to something extremely non-obvious, like the clock program button or something, thats probably the best bet, cuz if its to the cylander ignition and they tear the wires out and noitce, its just a few inches of line to trace down

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

• 3 weeks later...

i used to have an old beater car with busted out windows (we used to jump curbs n shit in it, FUN)

didn't want someone to steal it so....

i wired a toggle switch up under the front fender so when i walked by to get in the car i just flipped the switch and it was ready to start. same for when i got out. just flipped the toggle switch back and it wouldn't start.