Dr. Johnson Posted February 21, 2009 Report Posted February 21, 2009 Does any one have experience with Eclipses' Bluetooth units? At least how to install them?
dr hypothesis Posted February 21, 2009 Report Posted February 21, 2009 I wish. I was set on getting the 7200 mkII, but ended up going old school with the 8053. The newer eclipse decks are pretty unreliable (from personal experience and stuff I see on different forums). I'd still love to rock that 7200 though. Maybe after I kill my 8053 I'll try it. Lol. 2001 Chevy Impala Eclipse CD7200 mkii Cactus Sounds 5kw Sundown 100.4 (2) Fi BTL 18s (walled) ID 6.5s (2 sets) Iraggi 320 amp Alt XS Power Batts KnuKonceptz Wiring MidwestSPL Scores: 152.0 Advanced 2 136.1 Extreme 3
Dr. Johnson Posted February 21, 2009 Author Report Posted February 21, 2009 Sooo What does THAT have to do with installing an Eclipse bluetooth? And Newer eclipse are unreliable where do you get your information?
dr hypothesis Posted February 21, 2009 Report Posted February 21, 2009 Look on any car audio forum. Go to any shop that sells them and ask how many go back for repair. When they sold out to circuit city/crutchfield the quality went way down. They have a high failure rate. I ran two 8443s. First one was damaged when my truck got broken into. The second the cd drive failed. Next I got a cd5000, the power supply and cd drive both gave out after about 9 months. Don't get me wrong eclipse decks are still the best sounding decks I've used IMO. That's why I have the 8053 now, the last great deck they've made IMO. 2001 Chevy Impala Eclipse CD7200 mkii Cactus Sounds 5kw Sundown 100.4 (2) Fi BTL 18s (walled) ID 6.5s (2 sets) Iraggi 320 amp Alt XS Power Batts KnuKonceptz Wiring MidwestSPL Scores: 152.0 Advanced 2 136.1 Extreme 3
Mtgrooves Posted February 25, 2009 Report Posted February 25, 2009 Yeah man I'm a dealer and putting in the Blue Tooth box is no problem. Mount the mic I usallay put it in the seam at the top of the A Pillar and the head liner. Next steal ground and constant off the deck with a t tap and hook up the din cord to the deck. Then find a spot to mount the call answer clicker and your done, oh and hide the parrot blue tooth box which normally fit's behind the deck and your done. Any questions PM me The Shoe Maker without shoes!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.