Sundown Audio

Slave Amp Portects

fast85_gt

Otherwise try resetting your gains for all your amps to do full rated power at volume 33-35 instead of volume 38-42 (make sure to regain the mids and tweets amp if you have one too otherwise it wont be doing full power while your subs are).

Its worth a shot and easier then unstrapping the amps or swaping your master slaves like uhoh said.

Otherwise try resetting your gains for all your amps to do full rated power at volume 33-35 instead of volume 38-42 (make sure to regain the mids and tweets amp if you have one too otherwise it wont be doing full power while your subs are).

Its worth a shot and easier then unstrapping the amps or swaping your master slaves like uhoh said.

what do you think about just unstrapping them and running one amp per sub @1ohm i dont think my rise will be as high like that and i can get more power to the subs

Even with your gains set with a dmm, and be at their proper level your headunit can send out a dirty clipped signal, thus in return making your amps clip even with a properly set gain.

The only way to find out what your headunit really clips at is with a o-scope.

You could unstrap the amps and try it. but if you run them unstrapped with a common chamber box, I highly recommend a hifonics maxx-link. The maxx-link is an all-in-one tool so to speak. It will give you 1 subsonic filter, 1 lowpass crossover, a bass boost with bandwidth and frequency control, and then your using 1 settings for both amps and totally bypass or not use those said settings on each amp. Only thing you will have to physically mess with on the amps is the gain, and you will need that LOW like less then 1/4th up.

Otherwise it is very hard to set 2+ amps up idenically to run 2+ subs in a common chamber box.

Also if you have any bass boost on the amp, turn it off. Its not needed to be loud :)

It may, it may not.

Just turn it off, its not really needed since the amp will do full power with or without bassboost.

Mainly all bassboost will do is add clipping to the amp at full power, and give your music a much dirtier sound, then if there was no bass boost.

I was always taught that bass boost will only give you a gain when your volumes where low.

Same with any sort of bass boost, loud, or bbe processing on the headunit that gives added bass. Just turn it off.

Its not worth cooking your voice coils :)

It may, it may not.

Just turn it off, its not really needed since the amp will do full power with or without bassboost.

Mainly all bassboost will do is add clipping to the amp at full power, and give your music a much dirtier sound, then if there was no bass boost.

I was always taught that bass boost will only give you a gain when your volumes where low.

Same with any sort of bass boost, loud, or bbe processing on the headunit that gives added bass. Just turn it off.

Its not worth cooking your voice coils :)

ok ill try this first before doing anything else