Sundown Audio

Crunch Pzi 1500 At 1ohm Help

rumproast789

positive power wire? or positive speaker wire? and by jump it you mean put the two together in the remote turn on hole?

Sry, I thought I knew a lot of this stuff, but I've NEVER heard of this method

put a small wire from your 12+ to your remote and itll be like a constant remote, amp wont turn off just see if itll play that way/turn on that way

put a small wire from your 12+ to your remote and itll be like a constant remote, amp wont turn off just see if itll play that way/turn on that way

AHHH, okay, I get it now. I'll try that after I get the fuse if it doesn't work.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

I don't believe any Pzi amp is 1 ohm stabe let alone 0.7.

The websites I look at say it is.., the newer version people say they have it working on 1 ohm. Maybe since this is the older it doesn't work.

A member at *** said this

"Dual 2 ohm coils should read like 1.6-1.7 ohms per coil when you hook them up to the DMM. So if you check them with the coils wired in parallel already, it should be about .7. But every sub that's dual 2 ohm and wired in parallel is 1 ohm at the amp."

So it's not really at .7 at the amp I guess

Okay update. I got a new fuse, little bit different, didn't seem like it went in all the way, but same fuse rating same type. Plugged everything up and it didn't turn on. I tried shoving part of the power wire into the remote turn on so its always on to see if it turns on and it didn't turn on. I got 12 v at the amp, and 12v with the remote turn on (with the part of the power wire in it) and still didn't light up or play. With the remote turn on it didn't play or light up. settings all the way down nothing worked. This worked on my 2 previous set ups, i don't know why these wires wouldn't work. The wires were also originally installed with this amp, so IDK what happened. Help guys...

Edited by rumproast789

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

btw, this member at caraudio has said that he ran his at 1 ohm... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375427

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693