i just got a shaved door kit from fbi i wanted to know if i could hook the Solenoid to work off a switch and off the remote to have no handles on either side. or do i need to get another set of Solenoids? any help is appeciated.

thanks

yeah bro one solenoid per door will work off alarm optional channel and /or a switch no problems

must be nice huh

so where would i put the switch? the kit comes with an emergancy switch to run outside the truck can i just put another switch on that and it will work? or should i run power to a switch and then hook up the wire from seilodid then run wire to reciver so i can use the remote also? this is my first kit im puttin in need some help im anyone can help thanks.

Roseville, CA

IMO running no door handles at all would not be the best idea, if the solenoid dies, you're pretty screwed, you are stuck dukes of hazzarding it until you can get your door panel off and opening the door by hand.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

well ive done a few shaved door kits depends on how you want to do it bro i had my doors tied into the alarm you can run a switch on the outside but what good does that do if the batt dies easy to run two wires outside the vehicle just incase you know also if you have power windows good idea would be to get automatic window rolldown/up module works great

must be nice huh

i got the driver side done today all i did was run the kit like normal then spliced solenoid + and ran that to a switch then ran a 12v to the switch, works great! no i need to build a little temp box to house all the stuff untill i get around to making a new center console

Roseville, CA