Hey dickhead...I had mini trucks while you were still in diapers....I was "into" mini-trucks in the 80's ...ya know when they first started popping out. I'm into real estate, Street Rods, and Choppers now and I have a few toys like my bagged dime. I know what I'm doing...been doing it abit longer then most so keep your "I'm always right Knowledge" to yourself...

It works...its done right...I have no problems...For the record...the right way would be to lift it with 4 pumps and 10 batteries but I put bags in it because they were free. :aggressive:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

im not always right, never said that one either. your putting words into peoples mouths now. the fact that suspension design/engineering has been PROVEN.......you cant argue that shit. fact is, a reverse setup is FAR from superior, as is a 50/50 link. i could give a fuck less what you do honestly, or when you were into minis, it makes no difference to me if your still arguing that 50/50 and reverse are GOOD to run even when other setups are possible. Would you hit with a wooden bat when alluminum is legal? It may work.........but your WAY behind in the game.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

Will there be any issues with the tank behind the axle dragging?

mount your tanks to a bar going across your frame or something and have a fuel cell build to fill the rest of the space in the back. just get under your truck and start looking for places to put stuff that wont look half ass or like you really didnt want to put it there but you settled.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

Says the guy with the primered truck that is 4g's and 2 trucks into it.... :rolleyes:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

exactly my point, glad you realized it. i did it wrong the first time, which means i didnt learn from my mistakes. rather than just doing it all right away i took it step by step and screwed myself over in the process. i'm not sayin to sfbd everything you own if you want to bag it, but dont put shitty setups on it if theres a way around it. forward links are not hard to do, even with a stock tank. and if your doing a reverse setup because you dont want to move your tank, your being lazy plain and simple. it takes like 50 dollars and some steel plate to move a tank, whats so hard about that? the only reason i wouldnt do a forward setup is like was mentioned earlier, shit is already built and theres no way around it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHwoGQPHcRI maybe a little "extreme" but cant really argue whats goin on here. im done. yall wanna run setups that could be improved upon greatly, go for it.

edit: earlier i said reverse pulls, but i was mixed up. actually pushes into your tranny/rear. take it for whats it's worth i guess. it's your ride.

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

Well the guy I'm getting the 4 link from, said just make a fuel cell.

I told him I couldn't weld aluminum, I don't have a spool gun for my welder($1050 gun).

He said I could make it out of steel and use Tank Coat or something.

I'm worried though, if I do a fuel cell behind the axle, that when I drag all the sparks and stuff are going cause some issues.

I'd like to drag but this is my only vehicle right now, I don't want to burn it down.

Well the guy I'm getting the 4 link from, said just make a fuel cell.

I told him I couldn't weld aluminum, I don't have a spool gun for my welder($1050 gun).

He said I could make it out of steel and use Tank Coat or something.

I'm worried though, if I do a fuel cell behind the axle, that when I drag all the sparks and stuff are going cause some issues.

I'd like to drag but this is my only vehicle right now, I don't want to burn it down.

you can have one built for ~300 bucks any measurements you'd like. and even if you do a forward link and build your floor for the box to sit on...you could still put the tank at the front of the bed and move your gas door and all to that area of the bed...but I would rec. just putting out back on the frame. if you absolutely just flat out do not want to move it have a shop or someone build you a 3 link that keeps the stock tank. I believe SD actually makes one for dimes. May be a pretty penny but it's going to work...

As for draggin, why do you want to tear your truck up? It's really not even that fun to drag, its just an attention grabber. You know one of those "hey look at me!". I did it for alittle bit when just the front of my ride was bagged and I only did it to fuck with people, like my brothers girl (dont like her) and would shower her with sparks if she was behind me. All it does is beat your truck up...

if you absolutely just have to drag, but some blocks and mount them where your frame kicks up in front of the axle, that way they will clear the tank for the most part. Dragging in general is not "safe" because your taking weight off of your wheels and putting it on the body...less traction. Just think about if you really want to do all that and make your decision based on that. It's cool at first but after a few sessions it gets kinda old and you just wanna ride real low.

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

you can have one built for ~300 bucks any measurements you'd like. and even if you do a forward link and build your floor for the box to sit on...you could still put the tank at the front of the bed and move your gas door and all to that area of the bed...but I would rec. just putting out back on the frame. if you absolutely just flat out do not want to move it have a shop or someone build you a 3 link that keeps the stock tank. I believe SD actually makes one for dimes. May be a pretty penny but it's going to work...

As for draggin, why do you want to tear your truck up? It's really not even that fun to drag, its just an attention grabber. You know one of those "hey look at me!". I did it for alittle bit when just the front of my ride was bagged and I only did it to fuck with people, like my brothers girl (dont like her) and would shower her with sparks if she was behind me. All it does is beat your truck up...

if you absolutely just have to drag, but some blocks and mount them where your frame kicks up in front of the axle, that way they will clear the tank for the most part. Dragging in general is not "safe" because your taking weight off of your wheels and putting it on the body...less traction. Just think about if you really want to do all that and make your decision based on that. It's cool at first but after a few sessions it gets kinda old and you just wanna ride real low.

Yeah your probably right about dragging.

I didn't plan on dragging the frame, just some blocks.

im not always right, never said that one either. your putting words into peoples mouths now. the fact that suspension design/engineering has been PROVEN.......you cant argue that shit. fact is, a reverse setup is FAR from superior, as is a 50/50 link. i could give a fuck less what you do honestly, or when you were into minis, it makes no difference to me if your still arguing that 50/50 and reverse are GOOD to run even when other setups are possible. Would you hit with a wooden bat when alluminum is legal? It may work.........but your WAY behind in the game.

Are you still talking fucktard? Behind in the game....Are you serious??? Did you forget about your piece of shit primered in the front, had to do twice with some bunk ass looking rims truck...?

ANYTIME You want to put your shit up against mine...just let me know. I'll Out hop you, snatch up quicker then you, throw a flame in your face from my blocks, 3-wheel (front and rear) and turn up the beat so I won't hear you crying.

Keep talking shit dude...see where it'll get you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Are you still talking fucktard? Behind in the game....Are you serious??? Did you forget about your piece of shit primered in the front, had to do twice with some bunk ass looking rims truck...?

ANYTIME You want to put your shit up against mine...just let me know. I'll Out hop you, snatch up quicker then you, throw a flame in your face from my blocks, 3-wheel (front and rear) and turn up the beat so I won't hear you crying.

Keep talking shit dude...see where it'll get you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Heh, I'm glad I didn't post pics of my truck,lol.

I'm waiting for the snow to go to paint mine, though.

Archived